Battle GData Internet Security 2019 vs F-Secure SAFE for Gaming

voyes

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Dec 26, 2018
So I have for both Programs licenses. But I dont know which is the better choice for Gaming.

Reactions: bribon77

Like a Western!

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 6, 2016
yet you can't say anything you want, add "IMO" at the end of it, and cover yourself with "everyone' opinion is respected and they have right to say it loud".

"X product is rubbish" not gonna help anyone specialy the one who needs to decide and need some real consultation.

starter probably got his product already yet, there is almost no different between GData and F-Secure in terms of Protection, F-Secure is a bit better based on av-test av-comparatives if i remember, but they are the best in terms of Privacy policy and covering your back against state-sponsored malwares too.

YET you can check F-Secure results at Malware Hub, GData tester is not that active lately as i've been told you are not gonna go wrong with any of them however, in my opinion the only thing that might be the reason some one actualy prefer GData over F-Secure, is that the person just like to play with Firewall rules in that regard, well GData give it to you to play with ;)

sepik

Level 11
Verified
Well-known
Aug 21, 2018
I think a lot of ppl uses SSD novadays. My GDATA uses 0-1 % cpu time when idle. If youre using for example 5400 RPM HDD, then i recommend ESET products. ESET is only AV that is coded in assembly language, not C++. That is why is so damn fast. The best for old 'puters.
Like all other AV's just do inititial scan(calculates hash of every file) so further scans are way faster.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

starter probably got his product already yet, there is almost no different between GData and F-Secure in terms of Protection, F-Secure is a bit better based on av-test av-comparatives if i remember, but they are the best in terms of Privacy policy and covering your back against state-sponsored malwares too.

There is a protection difference. GData has a pretty good firewall, F-Secure doesn't. GData also has a new AI/ML which F-Secure doesn't. GData has camera and keylogger protection, I don't think F-Secure does. Lastly, GData has a bit more reliable and less false positive prone BB if I remember when comparing them a few months ago.

As for state sponsored stuff, they're probably pretty close, but an AV isn't going to protect you from the state anyway.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.