New Update GDATA - Update strongly recommended

Jengo

Level 6
Thread author
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
I just received this email from GDATA

Update strongly recommended:
For complete protection and best possible security.
Dear Sir or Madam

if your G DATA software is already on version 25.5.12 then you do not need to read any further. However, if you are using a G DATA version earlier than 25.5.11*, we strongly recommend that you update to our new program version. Program updates from G DATA are free of charge.

Due to increased security requirements, this update is absolutely necessary. The older versions continue to offer you protection but may no longer be able to detect new viruses and malware, or only to a limited extent.

*You can find your version number in the SecurityCenter (see image above). You can access the SecurityCenter by double-clicking on the G DATA logo at the bottom right of your taskbar. On the lower left hand side of the window you’ll see a version number. If that number is lower than 25.5.11, for example 25.5.8 or 25.4.10, we strongly recommend that you update the software. The current program version is 25.5.14.95.

This is how easy it is:
Our update guide shows you how to install the new G DATA program version in five easy steps. Click on the red link, download the software you are using under point 1 (see image above: Antivirus, Internet Security or Total Security) and follow the installation instructions.

1681923224358.png

Go to update instructions here

BigWrench

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
No change log?

General​

To ensure improved security, the possibility of passwordless access directly to My G DATA via a link from inside the G DATA application can now be prohibited. The option to configure this behavior can be found in the settings under "General → Password". The default setting is that the forwarding via link from the product works without specifying a password.
Improved Keyboard Guard: should you replace the keyboard with the computer turned off, G DATA Keyboard Guard will no longer prevent it from being used to log into Windows. In addition, a bug has been fixed that prevented the use of the Remote Desktop Keyboard in some cases. Using the Remote Desktop Keyboard now works in all cases.

Improvements​

Fixed a bug that caused one-time entry of incorrect credentials to disable the security modules after installing version 25.5.14.
Fixed a rare issue that could cause the Microsoft Outlook process to be terminated incompletely when closing it. This could prevent Outlook from being reopened.

likeastar20

Level 8
Verified
Mar 24, 2016

General​

To ensure improved security, the possibility of passwordless access directly to My G DATA via a link from inside the G DATA application can now be prohibited. The option to configure this behavior can be found in the settings under "General → Password". The default setting is that the forwarding via link from the product works without specifying a password.
Improved Keyboard Guard: should you replace the keyboard with the computer turned off, G DATA Keyboard Guard will no longer prevent it from being used to log into Windows. In addition, a bug has been fixed that prevented the use of the Remote Desktop Keyboard in some cases. Using the Remote Desktop Keyboard now works in all cases.

Improvements​

Fixed a bug that caused one-time entry of incorrect credentials to disable the security modules after installing version 25.5.14.
Fixed a rare issue that could cause the Microsoft Outlook process to be terminated incompletely when closing it. This could prevent Outlook from being reopened.
Oh, I was expecting something better...

Reactions: Jengo

Kiss

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 6, 2021
Here, unfortunately, a new program update does not appear, I have an old version and it says that I have the most current one, does GDATA no longer update the program for the Portuguese language?
eegdata.png

Reactions: Jengo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.