GDATA VS Kaspersky

low L!fe

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
Hello Guys
I got a subscription from Kaspersky Total Security 2021 and G Data Internet Security 2021 for a one year subscription And I'm in a lake,
what do I choose on my personal device?
Who is the best of them?
Detection rate
Ransomware
Firewall
l protection
Thank you
note i have 32GB ram

G

Guilhermesene

kaspersky.jpg

avpui_NkgYVJeIdu.png

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
Why is there such a mass opinion that Kaspersky is better? :)

Malware Protection Test March 2022 - In general, they are about equal, only G Data is heavier for OS and has more false positives, but doesn't require any customization at all. Also the strong side of G Data, that with two engines and behavioral analysis, it almost does not lose protection if the Internet connection is lost or unstable. Also, as I remember, there is keystroke encryption for the browser, but I don't remember the details of how it works.

I would buy based on price, political views, and after trying the trial. :)

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
Neither of these are my choices.....

BUT if there were these only 2 choices for AV on the planet, I would have to choose kaspersky, and that is saying something!

I did used to have a kaspersky license, but its been the only company that I have raised a GDPR request of my data deletion, purely for political reasons, for technical /detection reasons it really is LEAGUES ahead of G-data.

G-Data i'd never really heard much about, but while I was doing some testing of all products over the past month, G-Data came out close to the bottom of the pile, nearly every other product be it successful or not could complete my test of 1000 samples in between 6-15 minutes.......... some passed, some failed.... but G-Data was the only one that I actually had to stop the test prematurely.
It was only about 150 samples in, after 90 minutes!!!!!! The VM was compromised, communicating with Russia, china and Vietnam etc.
I ended the test it probably would of took 24hours+ at the rate it was going...... the machine was already compromised, it missed samples, was super slow to decide, and being so slow you would expect 100% accuracy, well, it didn't have that accuracy, so why be so slow? why be so slow if it misses so much?

But in its defence, no machine is going to get hit with 1000 samples.... it was unrealistic. for daily use you probably wouldn't find its detection/resolution speed (or lack of speed) an issue, its only when on mass testing it is so noticeable. The worrying thing was its accuracy (or lack of) - if after 150 samples it was infected, what would of been like after 1000 (if I would of left it that long)

Kaspersky on the other hand within 7-8 minutes had completed 1000 & only missed one minor pua.....

Neither products are for me, but if you have to chose one, and you are a novice internet user, browsing unknown sites & installing risky software & want the best protection against current threats and you can accept the Russian risk...... go for kaspersky its detection/speed/capabilities are miles ahead of G-data. (alternatively if you need a 3rd party AV, then Bitdefender would be better than both)

for me... Gateway Security > vlans > pihole/adblock/dns> Common Sense > H_C SRP > Windows Defender > DefenderUI "Pro" by @danb

Last edited:

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
Kaspersky, without any doubt.

I used to worry about Kaspersky’s detection rate and response speed to new malware, as considerable amount of users decided to stop using it for various reasons. But based on the latest AV-Test and AV-Comparatives reports, and my own testing, Kaspersky is still industry leading. It can effectively detect new variants of some very popular malware families, such as Emotet, QBot, and so on, which other vendors (like Bitdefender) cannot detect through static scanning when these variants emerged. For some rare and hard-to-detect samples, like the Discord stealer (VirusTotal), Kaspersky and Avast are the only two AVs that detected it as malicious when it was uploaded to VirusTotal. In a word, Kaspersky is a leading product.

For G Data, I must say it’s heavier than Kaspersky and I don’t like its UI. I submitted several undetected samples to G Data in the past and they replied to me when Bitdefender added them to virus database (2-3 days later). :ROFLMAO: I expected G Data to add detections for these samples to their own engine, but they didn’t.

Last edited:

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
You will forgive me for what I am about to say, with everyone's permission.
Kaspersky, I feel that it is an overrated av for various reasons, I stopped using it since Russia started the war. I have seen several tests where Kaspersky fails to detect, I am annoyed by the way Kaspersky disinfects the system, as it does so once the malware has penetrated the system.
Its offline detection is mediocre and it is not good against script.
Gdata: I used it a few years ago, it has a very powerful engine, I would say one of the best on the Bitdefender market, but it is only the engine, it does not have the artificial intelligence that they use. Its behavior blocker is decent, but there is something very serious about Gdata and its virus removal is horrible, not to say painful, once the malware has penetrated the system, Greetings to all. pd: the second engine in Gdata is mediocre.

G

Guilhermesene

You will forgive me for what I am about to say, with everyone's permission.
Kaspersky, I feel that it is an overrated av for various reasons, I stopped using it since Russia started the war. I have seen several tests where Kaspersky fails to detect, I am annoyed by the way Kaspersky disinfects the system, as it does so once the malware has penetrated the system.
Its offline detection is mediocre and it is not good against script.
Gdata: I used it a few years ago, it has a very powerful engine, I would say one of the best on the Bitdefender market, but it is only the engine, it does not have the artificial intelligence that they use. Its behavior blocker is decent, but there is something very serious about Gdata and its virus removal is horrible, not to say painful, once the malware has penetrated the system, Greetings to all. pd: the second engine in Gdata is mediocre.
I agree with you on some points.

Yes I also feel that Kaspersky here on this forum is overrated compared to other products like Bitdefender, ESET. Obviously there are differences between products and some do well on certain issues and others do not. I see few or (almost none) people here citing that Kaspersky's offline detection rate is terrible.

Unfortunately here we can't say much about that or say anything regarding Kaspersky that your thread or post is deleted.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.