GDATA VS Kaspersky

low L!fe

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
Hello Guys
I got a subscription from Kaspersky Total Security 2021 and G Data Internet Security 2021 for a one year subscription And I'm in a lake,
what do I choose on my personal device?
Who is the best of them?
Detection rate
Ransomware
Firewall
l protection
Thank you
note i have 32GB ram

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
Installed G-Data IS after some time of not using it & overall pleased - One issue I've had is web protection blocking legitimate sites such as when I tried to download OS Armor from the home page, you don't get notification from G-Data just a network error on download - it blocked Stardock download of Start11, from main site with just network error - When I worked out what module was causing it you can exclude the URL, but this is the issue with any FP, eventually the protection becomes borderline useless as you don't know whether to believe it or not, as in Cry Wolf - I'll see how it goes - Some warning would be helpful as a new user (flashing tray icon?)

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Of these two antiviruses, you should definitely choose Kaspersky. It is also worth taking a closer look at FS Protection, which showed the best result in the last amateur complex test.

Reactions: roger_m and franz

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.