Windows 10
Favourite Antivirus
ESET Smart Security Premium
Best Game in the World
Battlefield (Series.)

TRS-80

Level 1
Hey All Members and Staff,

Thanks for providing such an invaluable resource for Anti-Malware activities!

I'm something of a "Dinosaur" when it comes to age. Please don't hold that against me.

The first "P.C." I encountered was the old Tandy/Radio Shack TRS-80(hence my 'Tag.') We eventually acquired a 'cassette drive' for it; that 'startlingly brilliant' technology allowed us to actually store our BASIC programs, rather than having to code them each time we needed them. It's great that things have progressed so quickly to our current state with the Internet.

I've had a VERY broad range of experience across a huge number of areas. All have involved computers in some way.

Currently, I want to brush up on Malware Remediation, Malware Hunting and, Research.

I tend to be a little time poor at present but will endeavour to be around as much as possible.

I'm always happy to help people, with a genuine need, with their computers.

Thanks again,

TRS-80
(Mike)

TRS-80

Level 1
@Burrito - That's an absolute classic. I recon we used basically a keyboard and a TV. I might just be a bit foggy there. It did the job though. I'm laughing so hard!

@Burrito - I reckon it was the one top centre. That looks more like it. Still laughing.

@Burrito , I'll paint you a little picture.

We used to sit in a plaster board shack at the back of my uncle's shed. The thing was more holes than wall. In that tiny room we worked on Ruby Rod Lasers. The TRS-80 was for calculating cooling and optics. So I'd be sitting there tapping away at the TRS-80 while my uncle had a "dhurrie" and "despatched" a few possums with a quiet twenty two.

When I think back to those days I can't help but to giggle.

Those little TRS-80s sure took a hammering. They were probably more soundly constructed than today's computers are. There was not much that could really mess up. When those cassette drives packed it in(usually due to my uncle,) it was a little frustrating. There was not an easily available backup device.

Thanks for the imagery!

:giggle:

stefanos

Level 24
Verified
Welcome to MT (y)

Hey All Members and Staff,

Thanks for providing such an invaluable resource for Anti-Malware activities!

I'm something of a "Dinosaur" when it comes to age. Please don't hold that against me.

The first "P.C." I encountered was the old Tandy/Radio Shack TRS-80(hence my 'Tag.') We eventually acquired a 'cassette drive' for it; that 'startlingly brilliant' technology allowed us to actually store our BASIC programs, rather than having to code them each time we needed them. It's great that things have progressed so quickly to our current state with the Internet.

I've had a VERY broad range of experience across a huge number of areas. All have involved computers in some way.

Currently, I want to brush up on Malware Remediation, Malware Hunting and, Research.

I tend to be a little time poor at present but will endeavour to be around as much as possible.

I'm always happy to help people, with a genuine need, with their computers.

Thanks again,

TRS-80
(Mike)
You are not the only "Dinosaur" here ;)