BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Z5XxoG7.png

Nvidia is set to announce their new Pascal-based GeForce graphics cards Friday night (6pm PT via Twitch), including a flagship card that's expected to be called the GTX 1080. But before Nvidia can even reveal the specifications of the card, leaked 3DMark benchmarks have been posted by VideoCardz.

In 3DMark 11's performance benchmark, the purported GeForce GTX 1080 posted a graphics score of 27,683, while in 3DMark's Fire Strike Extreme benchmark, the card scored 10,102. Compared to a stock-clocked GTX 980 Ti, the GTX 1080's performance is around 25% faster, although overclocking the 980 Ti can close that gap.

3DMark gives us a sneak peak of the card's specifications, too. We're looking at 8 GB of GDDR5X with an effective clock speed around 10,000 MHz (320 GB/s), and a core clock speed that can boost up to a huge 1.8 GHz. The GPU featured on the GTX 1080's board is a Pascal-based GP104 built on a 16nm process, so it's not the fully unlocked GP100 seen on the Tesla P100.

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
I know... still I never believe in official announcements or leaks, until some proper drivers come out and Techspot or AnandTech benchmark those new cards
Those 2 and Guru3D :)
The 1080 will probably be a nice card, but I'm waiting for the Ti version since I doubt that a none Ti will be a proper upgrade.

I will be watching the official announcement though, there might be some new stuff that next gen supports.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Those 2 and Guru3D :)
The 1080 will probably be a nice card, but I'm waiting for the Ti version since I doubt that a none Ti will be a proper upgrade.

I will be watching the official announcement though, there might be some new stuff that next gen supports.

And me happy with my sweet geforce gt 630 :p Also waiting for a pascal gpu to upgrade, hopefully the 9xx series prices go down and i can buy a gtx 960

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
630? :eek: That wouldn't be able to feed my display at native resolution, definitely not with the games I play.

I mostly play counter strike go and indie games really well at 1080 with medium graphics. For me it is enough but i wanted to upgrade it for more recent games. If anyone knows a good deal tell me.

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
I mostly play counter strike go and indie games really well at 1080 with medium graphics. For me it is enough but i wanted to upgrade it for more recent games. If anyone knows a good deal tell me.
If you can afford it upon price-dumps go for a GTX970, R9 290x or R9 390x (just including AMD to be fair), dependent on the rest of your hardware it should allow you to max out at 1080p and even at 1440p with some newer games.

Reactions: Dani Santos
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.