Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
While Stadia fans mourn the loss of Google’s own cloud streaming platform, Nvidia has introduced some new features to GeForce Now for Chrome users to help ease the pain. Starting today, anyone subscribed to the RTX 3080 tier of GeForce Now will be able to stream their favorite PC games at up to 1600p and 120fps in a Chrome browser, an upgrade over the previous 1440p at 120fps cap.

This will allow folks who have 2560 x 1600 resolution devices such as the 2020 M1 MacBook Air to play games in full screen within the Chrome browser, without having to take a hit on either resolution or frame rate.

The RTX 3080 tier of Nvidia’s GeForce Now streaming platform was introduced last year and provides AI upscaling via DLSS and a maximum streaming output of 4K resolution at 60fps with HDR functionality. Membership will cost you $19.99 a month, or $99.99 if you pay for six months upfront.

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022

Interesting, I can see how this can be a nice software as a service option for those who want to have a powerful PC experience and yet don't have powerful enough PC. The question as always will be the connectivity issue.

Looking at the Nvidia Gaming PODS (pictured below) Gaming Pod

Reminded me something, I couldn't place a finger on it...and then it hit me. 1_pHmVPUD-DuoH8zNK4QELSA.jpeg

• Applause
Reactions: Nevi and Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.