Jun 21, 2011
any suggestions? i think i am secure with this set up

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
RE: my profile

Well you can add EMET (Enhanced Mitigation Experienced Toolkit) protection against exploit from vulnerable applications.

On demand scanner:

You can add Hitman Pro for that.

Do you have addons in FF5? You can add Adblock, WOT, Browser Protect and Lastpass.

D

Deleted member 178

as said James, EMET, Hitman and those 4 FF addons are must have.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
There's another tool I would like to suggest called VTUploader (short for VirusTotal Uploader). If you never heard of VirusTotal, look on here for more info, this is useful for seeing the reputation for each file you download.

Download here or here (under VTUploader tab).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Regarding avast! Internet Security:

• Do you use the Process Virtualisation (Sandbox)?
  • Do you use the SafeZone for Online Banking?

I noticed your signature that one of your other computers uses AVG Antivirus, I would recommend switching to Avast Free, for that PC.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.