P

Plexx

When was the last time you have used Geswall?

If any of you still use or have used it extensively, do you mind sharing your experiences and comments?

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Works on 32-bit only.

Future development of this product appears to be non-existent, which is a shame because it's excellent software when Matt tested it -years back.

P

Plexx

GeSWall Freeware 64-bit
GeSWall is intrusion prevention system that is non-intrusive and easy to use.

Requirements
64-bit OS: Windows Windows Vista, Windows 7.
RAM: 512 MB
Disk space: 10 MB

Link:
http://www.gentlesecurity.com/downloads_geswall.html

Confused.

So furture development stopped? And here I was about to give it for a test drive.

Moose

Level 22
Pre-moderated
Would love to try if will work on X64 bits Windows 8? Anybody did a test? Again, Ramson-ware & Rookits?

D

Deleted member 178

x64 not yet developped, and i dont think it will be soon

P

Plexx

Umbra Corp. said:
x64 not yet developped, and i dont think it will be soon
Why would they have x64 on their download page then. Misleading :(

On a side note, I wish some of the x86 products would work on x64 (defensewall for example. Also was under the impression NVT EXE Radar was only available for x86 but I seem to be wrong).

D

Deleted member 178

Real x64 protection will be even more difficult on Windows 8, even Sandboxie doesn't have one yet.

D

Deleted member 178

yes Bo, i meant the Experimental Protection. sometimes i forgot to precise things, sorry for that.

jamescv7

Level 61
Verified
Trusted
Long time product became active and now the website itself went blank for some reasons,

Development activity went unknown since couple of years.

http://gentlesecurity.com/

TwinHeadedEagle

Removal Expert
Verified
Staff member
Few days ago, one user complained Gesswall corrupted registry settings, so computer got unbootable. Luckily we were be able to restore registry through RC...

I wouldn't recommend this program for using...