Geswall

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Thread author
When was the last time you have used Geswall?

If any of you still use or have used it extensively, do you mind sharing your experiences and comments?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Works on 32-bit only.

Future development of this product appears to be non-existent, which is a shame because it's excellent software when Matt tested it -years back.

P

Plexx

Thread author
GeSWall Freeware 64-bit
GeSWall is intrusion prevention system that is non-intrusive and easy to use.

Requirements
64-bit OS: Windows Windows Vista, Windows 7.
RAM: 512 MB
Disk space: 10 MB

Link:
http://www.gentlesecurity.com/downloads_geswall.html

Confused.

So furture development stopped? And here I was about to give it for a test drive.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Haven't tried it since Matt from remove-malware did a review on it a few years back.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Would love to try if will work on X64 bits Windows 8? Anybody did a test? Again, Ramson-ware & Rookits?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
x64 not yet developped, and i dont think it will be soon

P

Plexx

Thread author
Umbra Corp. said:
x64 not yet developped, and i dont think it will be soon

Why would they have x64 on their download page then. Misleading :(

On a side note, I wish some of the x86 products would work on x64 (defensewall for example. Also was under the impression NVT EXE Radar was only available for x86 but I seem to be wrong).

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Real x64 protection will be even more difficult on Win8, even Sandboxie doesn't have one yet.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
yes Bo, i meant the Experimental Protection. sometimes i forgot to precise things, sorry for that.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Long time product became active and now the website itself went blank for some reasons,

Development activity went unknown since couple of years.

http://gentlesecurity.com/

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Few days ago, one user complained Gesswall corrupted registry settings, so computer got unbootable. Luckily we were be able to restore registry through RC...

I wouldn't recommend this program for using...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.