Solved Getting NDIS.sys BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
After unplugging my usb sticks (several different ones) I get a BSOD.
These USB ports have always been peculiar, but I am only recently getting the BSOD.
I do a proper command for safe removal, but it still happens.
Windows Media Player froze on me too. I don't know if that was a symptom or not.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
What OS are you running? Many BSOD are the cause of old outdated drivers.when did this start happening?After an update?Maybe try reinstalling your USB contoller or maybe updating to a newer version of the device driver.I do know that Acronis backup software caused issues similar to this but that was a couple years back.Do you get a highlighted error message on BSOD? I would boot into safe mode and see if the same problem occurs

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The NDIS.sys is part of you network driver.....You can go into Device manager and update or re-install this driver to see if this will fix your problem.

Upvote 0

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Jack,

I was able to update the drive for: "Wireless-N USB network adaptor", but not for: "Realtek PCI-D Gibabit Ethernet NIC". Those were the two items in the device manager "network" tree. Nonetheless, it seems that your suggestion has solved my problem at the moment.

Upvote 0

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Third-party personal firewalls and drivers are known to cause this issue. Sometimes the issue will come back after system reboot. If so, uninstall third-party firewalls and network drivers like Hotspot Shield, VPN, anonymous browsing drivers, etc.

Thanks.:D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.