Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Ghostery-Logo.png

Ghostery is your window into the invisible web – tags, web bugs, pixels and beacons that are included on web pages in order to get an idea of your online behavior.

Ghostery allows zero-tolerance blocking of anything ad related, complete (visible) open communication with ad companies, or countless measures in between - determined by you, the informed web user.

About Ghostery

Ghostery Homepage + Download

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
If you use AdBlock Plus with the EasyPrivacy filter, it's already blocking what Ghostery blocks.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Ghostery is available for Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Internet Explorer. What about for the ones you listed? ;P

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
That might be true but Ghostery shows a nice pop-up with the bugs present on each site :p

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
stormgtr said:
Ghostery is available for Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Internet Explorer. What about for the ones you listed? ;P

Currently ABP works in Firefox and Chrome. Wladimir has plans for Safari support as well, but I think he wants to get the Chrome extension up to par before Safari. I believe there is a way now to add ABP filters in IE, but I don't know the specifics.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
bogdan said:
That might be true but Ghostery shows a nice pop-up with the bugs present on each site :p

True, but does Ghostery give you a hit counter of how many times each bug is blocked? ABP's filters will give you a tally of each filter hit.

I haven't actually tried Ghostery since it was introduced, when all it did was report the bugs, not actually block them. So I'm unsure of all of its current features.

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Well I stopped using this when it did not agree with FF and started using up too much CPU due to being buggy! I may try it again at some point, but see no reason to add another add-on with what I have already which is more than capable of helping keeping me safe.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I used ghostery before, its nice overall of adblocker but i prefer to adblock plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.