Software
Ghostery Midnight
Installation
5.00 star(s)
Installation Feedback
No buttons. Midnight installed in 10-15 seconds without problem.
Interface (UI)
5.00 star(s)
Interface Feedback
Clean, modern and simple.
Usability
4.00 star(s)
Usability Feedback
Everyone can use, UI so simple. Tracker and Ad Protection working well, i never saw adblocker warnings but Ad Protection failed to delete empty ad boxes. Not better than uBlock or Nano. Also VPN speed is enough, but ping (Frankfurt) bit high.
Performance and System Impact
3.00 star(s)
Performance and System Impact Feedback
%0,1 CPU and 150-300MB memory usage. Sometimes i got DNS errors when network monitoring enabled.
Protection
4.00 star(s)
Protection Feedback
Tracker and Ad Blocker working good.
Pros
Easy to use
Simple and non-intrusive
Well designed, clear interface
Cons
Can be resource-hungry
Can slow down your browsing speed
Software installed on computer
Less than 30 days
Computer Specifications
Ryzen 5 2600
RX 570
16GB RAM
860 Evo 250GB
Recommended for
All types of users
Overall Rating
4.00 star(s)
Disclaimer

Any views or opinions expressed are that of the member giving the information and may be subjective.
This software may behave differently on your device.

We encourage you to compare these opinions with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
Before buying a product you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

Cortex

Level 17
Verified
Looks good, the VPN looks somewhat limited, & the privacy policy from 'Mail Chimp' (the marketing company) to me as it contains a VPN (and if it didn't) is a certain no-no with huge great bells on - As I have lifetime licence for AdGuard & just bought IVPN little point giving it a try but thank you!

Privacy

Burrito

Level 23
Good review and screen shots @matrixlord.

I think it was @Lenny_Linux -- working on a project for school... his posts on the study of ad-blocking indirectly got me interested in the beta for Ghostery Midnight.

Here is what it is--

1576336461497.png

I like the comprehensive approach. And Lenny_Lunux (correct me if I'm remembering this incorrectly) posted information from his academic study indicating that the method of Ghostery could be more effective than other ad-blocking methods --- in some circumstances.

So this is one I'll be watching.

1576336685133.png

Lenny_Linux

Level 8
Verified
The implementation of Manifest 3 by Google might trigger some companies to innovate their software and re-think their value proposition. For power users this Manifest 3 looked like a threat, but it might change for the better (AdGuard, Ghostery, Edge-Chromium, Opera, Brave responses to Manifest 3) (y)

Cortex

Level 17
Verified
I've just had an email from Ghostery regarding Midnight Premium & offered it to me at £8 UK Pounds per month - £96 per year ($125) reduced from normal cost of 14 UK pounds again per month (£168) yearly though the price will never increase - Very good of them lol :unsure: (might stick with AdGuard Lifetime)

superleeds27

I've just had an email from Ghostery regarding Midnight Premium & offered it to me at £8 UK Pounds per month - £96 per year ($125) reduced from normal cost of 14 UK pounds again per month (£168) yearly though the price will never increase - Very good of them lol :unsure: (might stick with AdGuard Lifetime)
Ouch. Maybe I'll stick with Adguard too

security123

Level 6
Why should anyone trust them after the privacy leaks in past? It's the same with the similar WoT (from another company) add-on.
Personally I wouldn't trust any products from that company's.

Just my 5c