Recommended for
  1. All types of users
Overall rating
4.00 star(s)

Lemon60

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 11, 2019
Finally, i got e-mail from Ghostery for Midnight Beta.

Everyone can see my review above. Also im gonna contact Ghostery for DNS errors. This issue so annoying.

Some screenshots;
m1.png
m2.png
m3.png
vpn2.png
vpn1.png
edgead.png
adblock test from Edge (not chromium).

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Looks good, the VPN looks somewhat limited, & the privacy policy from 'Mail Chimp' (the marketing company) to me as it contains a VPN (and if it didn't) is a certain no-no with huge great bells on - As I have lifetime licence for AdGuard & just bought IVPN little point giving it a try but thank you!

Privacy

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Good review and screen shots @matrixlord.

I think it was @Lenny_Linux -- working on a project for school... his posts on the study of ad-blocking indirectly got me interested in the beta for Ghostery Midnight.

Here is what it is--

1576336461497.png

I like the comprehensive approach. And Lenny_Lunux (correct me if I'm remembering this incorrectly) posted information from his academic study indicating that the method of Ghostery could be more effective than other ad-blocking methods --- in some circumstances.

So this is one I'll be watching.

1576336685133.png

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
The implementation of Manifest 3 by Google might trigger some companies to innovate their software and re-think their value proposition. For power users this Manifest 3 looked like a threat, but it might change for the better (AdGuard, Ghostery, Edge-Chromium, Opera, Brave responses to Manifest 3) (y)

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I've just had an email from Ghostery regarding Midnight Premium & offered it to me at £8 UK Pounds per month - £96 per year ($125) reduced from normal cost of 14 UK pounds again per month (£168) yearly though the price will never increase - Very good of them lol :unsure: (might stick with AdGuard Lifetime)

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
I've just had an email from Ghostery regarding Midnight Premium & offered it to me at £8 UK Pounds per month - £96 per year ($125) reduced from normal cost of 14 UK pounds again per month (£168) yearly though the price will never increase - Very good of them lol :unsure: (might stick with AdGuard Lifetime)

Ouch. Maybe I'll stick with Adguard too

Reactions: Cortex
F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Why should anyone trust them after the privacy leaks in past? It's the same with the similar WoT (from another company) add-on.
Personally I wouldn't trust any products from that company's.

Just my 5c

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.