Status
Not open for further replies.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
hello and thanks for sharing your config with us. your realtime protection does seem a little bit like an overkill to me : turn of zemana antimalware's realtime protection and use it as an on demand scanner only. kis configured properly is a powerhouse , so voodooshield is not exactely needed as well. thanks for the share :)

here is @Jack guide on how to setup kis properly for maximum protection ( this also applies for the 2017 version )

How to setup Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 for Maximum Protection (Guide)

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Thanks @Trickster,

I have the feeling that using VS instead of KIS 2017 application control makes my system a little bit more responsive and I like the way VS is handling things.
I use both and imo VS is slowing it down more than KIS, looking at my CPU usage when I open stuff, it's VS on the top all the time.

good config, almost the same as mine, i would throw HMPA in the mix against exploits.

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
Way too much real time security, complete overkill, especially running KIS. It is not even close to necessary to have the other products.

Dig into the advanced features like TAM and application control, instead of piling more software on top of it.

Learn how to use what you have already, ditch the other products as they are unnecessary waste of resources and time.

Last edited:

Glashouse

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 4, 2017
Thanks @S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t ,

you might be totally right, that this is much security but who defines "what is too much"?
Despite the fact you are stating that I should lean what I have (without knowing what I do know, and ignoring my comment about TAM above) you should take into consideration that different users have different needs...

So a slightly more polite way would get my thumbs up next time...:)

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
Thanks @S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t ,

you might be totally right, that this is much security but who defines "what is too much"?
Despite the fact you are stating that I should lean what I have (without knowing what I do know, and ignoring my comment about TAM above) you should take into consideration that different users have different needs...

So a slightly more polite way would get my thumbs up next time...:)
It is easy to take text out of context, it was not my attention to be rude, but direct. You are correct about one thing, I do not know you, but I do know that because you have all of those realtime solutions, that you are not as familiar with KIS as you would like to be, or you would realize you would not need all of that above.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
It is easy to take text out of context, it was not my attention to be rude, but direct. You are correct about one thing, I do not know you, but I do know that because you have all of those realtime solutions, that you are not as familiar with KIS as you would like to be, or you would realize you would not need all of that above.
tell me how scanning every executable on VT before execution is not useful and then on top of that VS's AI is excellent.
yes ZAM realtime is much, I agree, but you shouldn't rely on one security solution alone, KIS isn't perfect either.

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
tell me how scanning every executable on VT before execution is not useful and then on top of that VS's AI is excellent.
yes ZAM realtime is much, I agree, but you shouldn't rely on one security solution alone, KIS isn't perfect either.
Incorrect, you should not rely on any standalone AV, a suite, well, use it correctly, learn to tweak the advanced features, that is what they are there for. It is not necessary on any home system to be running 4 realtime products.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Incorrect, you should not rely on any standalone AV, a suite, well, use it correctly, learn to tweak the advanced features, that is what they are there for. It is not necessary on any home system to be running 4 realtime products.
we agree to disagree

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Implement some type of system backup solution.
Use ZAM as an on demand scanner and you could also add an additional on demand scanner(s).
Secure config! thanks for sharing it :)

Reactions: JM Safe

Glashouse

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 4, 2017
- AppGuard
+ Excubits (bouncer, memprotect, pumpernickel)

Back to my loved configuration with the Excubits products.
AppGuard is not flexible enough for me as I don't have the chance to do parent white- / blacklisting.
Example: my Mullvad VPN Client need schtasks.exe to run which I have on the blacklist (same for AppGuard) but in bouncer I can configure an exception: mullvad.exe is allowed to run schtasks.exe but no one else...

Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.