GlassWire 1.0.25

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starchild76

about the product :

feature-icon-1.png

Network Monitor
Visualize your current and past network activity by traffic type, application, and geographic location, on an easy to use graph. GlassWire lets you see what applications are sending out data over the Internet and shows you what hosts they are communicating with. Our Windows network security monitor also looks for domains or IP addresses that are known threats, networking system file changes, unusual application changes, ARP spoofing and more.

• feature-icon-2.png

Not an antivirus
    GlassWire teams up with your antivirus and never replaces it. Our network security tool gives you extra protection and works with most antivirus products to scan files for unusual behavior. GlassWire is a second line of defense. We recommend always using a separate anti-malware product along with GlassWire.

• feature-icon-3.png

Firewall Software
    GlassWire visualizes what current and past applications are accessing the Internet. If you don’t like what you see you can instantly block network access to specific apps with GlassWire’s free firewall manager. It’s easy to block and unblock applications by using the firewall software tab.
homepage : https://www.glasswire.com/

anyone willing to make a video review on it :p ???

S

starchild76

ah ok did not know , that a threat of this software allready exsisted on mt. can someone please delete this threat??? thanks.

Reactions: YuanJiawj

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011

bB9ZP.gif

Changelog

Version 1.0.28 beta - (Oct 23, 2014)
Hash # 84C779C103F744B0194DF5688FF8EF2A

• User interface optimizations and stability improvements including showing idle time in the bottom mini graph.
  • Remote access passwords encrypted on the hard drive. Your remote access passwords now must be re-entered on the client and server sides.
  • Invalid remote password attempts rate limited.
  • Windows 10 now supported.
  • Darker easier to read text.
  • Some Usage tab calendar bugs are now fixed.
  • A strong password meter was added for remote access.
  • Animations were added for the connection re-establishment process.
  • Remote access failure to connect reported by users is now fixed.
  • Notifications displayed outside the desktop is now fixed.
  • Blank admin password issue is now fixed.
  • GlassWire now uses the Windows OS UAC mechanism instead of password checks. If you are not admin you will be asked for your password, but if you are admin you may only see the UAC prompt.

Last edited:

Mere

Level 2
Verified
Sep 30, 2014
Glasswire is going good for me. I haven't had any problems with it.

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
Thanks for the info about of this great tool, downloading now for test :)

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I can see it has outbounnd protection. Is it a two way firewall?
It's basically a Network Security Monitoring utility. It displays how you use the internet, what programs connect to the internet, bandwidth usage, alerts if any software's got updated in incredible detail.

Also it shows Beautiful Graphs about the network usage and such. Additionally it's got a Built-in Firewall.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I am loving this software ... Very simple firewall ..

I wish they add blocking domain option :) .

Now I know which program and when trying to connect to which host. Any domian I think might be a privacy issue, I will instantly block it through Emsisoft Antimalware :D

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I am loving this software ... Very simple firewall ..

I wish they add blocking domain option :) .

Now I know which program and when trying to connect to which host. Any domian I think might be a privacy issue, I will instantly block it through Emsisoft Antimalware :D

Other than the Firewall, the Usage tab and it's subsection tabs (showing bandwidth used), as well as the Alerts tab (software updates n connection reports) are very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.