gmaister22 Security Config

reystar

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 4, 2014
Maybe he wants system-wide encryption and not just for the browser.

You don't need both HMP.A and MBAE. Out of the scenarios you listed above, I woild recommend C. However, you could have MBAM Free on-demand.

What about HMP.A + ZAL? (+KIS17 ofc)

Reactions: Wave
W

Wave

What about HMP.A + ZAL? (+KIS17 ofc)
That is still overkill IMO because you don't need both HMP.A and ZAL running alongside Kaspersky Internet 2017. All 3 products have some sort of Anti-Logger protection (e.g. whether exclusively for the browser or not). I personally would pick HMP.A over ZAL since it has a larger feature-set, for helping prevent other sophisticated types of malicious software such as ransomware, and also includes Anti-Exploit protection (which has been proven to perform very well - it even supports BadUSB). However, this is based on personal preferenence.

In my opinion you only need to pick one out of HMP.A or ZAL, or you could just use KIS and not have either of them alongside in real-time, you'll still be very well protected as long as you make good decisions; another idea could be having a free on-demand scanner such as MBAM Free alongside Kaspersky Internet Security 2017, and then ditching both HMP.A or ZAL.

In the future I would also use the trial before purchase (@Spawn mentioned about the trials on the other thread) - these should be used before purchase so you can check if you actually like the software and make sure it runs correctly on your system, otherwise there's not much point in buying. :)

It's really down to you, I am just trying to provide advice. However when asking these questions, personal preference usually gets mixed within the answers, since only you yourself can decide what software you like and are comfortable with using on your system.

reystar

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 4, 2014
Thing with trials is, you don't know how good it works, before getting some kind of infection :p

reystar

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 4, 2014
You can use test tools developed by various vendors to make sure the protection is working correctly - if you don't use the trial then how do you know how good it will perform before you get an infection?

from reviews

With my current setup (KIS17 + Antilogger) i got these results:
483ea4dd01c4f4e664de7dce17ec2418.png

Which, doesn't seem that good right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I personally run KIS 2017 with Adguard and everything else on demand.
I would consider some type of data & system backup solution.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

W

Wave

from reviews

With my current setup (KIS17 + Antilogger) i got these results:
483ea4dd01c4f4e664de7dce17ec2418.png

Which, doesn't seem that good right?
Please do not listen to the results on this tool unless you know what you are actually doing - I shouldn't have recommended this one for you to test your product as a response to the PM you sent me. That being said, not all of the tests are specifically for firewall capabilities but also for IDS/BB/HIPS and if you disable Kaspersky Internet Security you may notice some of them will stay as 'Protected' anyway (the tool is outdated and not all of them will even run depending on your OS edition/version, etc).

Although I am surprised that Kaspersky did not patch up suspicious usage of AppInitDlls, one of the most common and easiest methods for auto-injection. I thought they had done this, interesting... It will also depend on your configuration, and if you are working with Application Control then chances are the untrusted programs will be unable to make such registry modifications anyway.

Stick to using the SpyShelter/Zemana simulation tool I sent you in the PM for testing webcam/keylogging protection capabilities as opposed to testing with outdated and old utilities like Comodo Leak Test. I am considering in making my own Leak Test tool to test specific products for the future, actually.

Good luck! :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.