gmaister22 Security Config

W

Wave

Hello!

Honestly I do not think it is necessary to use all of those security software at once (I am excluding Adguard from that opinion - I recommend you keep it regardless of which main security software you have).

I would stick to using Kaspersky Internet Security and Zemana Anti-Logger OR Kaspersky Internet Security and HitmanPro.Alert; if I had to choose between ZAL or HMP.A I would most likely choose HMP.A since it has a wider feature-set (e.g. exploit mitigation (it even supports BadUSB protection), ransomware mitigation, browser compromise protection (e.g. scans for unwanted hooks which may be from malware to steal passwords), etc).

Regarding compatibility issues, there may be on the keylogger protection side, but it is best for you to test it out yourself; make sure you have a backup say on case there is a problem which causes data corruption/loss.

That being said, regardless of which one you decide to use alongside Kaspersky Internet Security, you will be well-protected; please remember that no security can make you invincible and that it'll be down to you just as much as the protection installed and running on your system to keep yourself safe. That being said, as I said earlier, I do not think it is necessary to use both ZAL and HMP.A alongside KIS.

Stay safe and good luck. ;)

W

Wave

It has alot more features so i dont have to think twice
Also remember that it isn't always about quantity but also about quality. HMP.A may have more features however ZAL features may be more matured and powerful implementations of features already existent in HMP.A. I am not saying this is the case, but just trying to explain a point that it isn't always necessarily about how many features there are.

Although I would also pick HMP.A over ZAL; that doesn't mean ZAL is bad, you'll be well-protected regardless of which one you choose.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
It's only $34 and some change now on the surfright site, thats not too bad.
I am sure there will be X'mas sales in the next few weeks as well.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Honestly Kaspersly Internet Security contains wide variety of features that you can tweak including Application Contol however it lacks on proper ransomware or anti-keylogger implemetation.

So if you want a full control and handle the HIPS then add Zemana Antilogger but if you want something to lockdown with minimal tweaks then HitmanPro.Alert.

reystar

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 4, 2014
Do you use Chrome?
You dont have any prob on Chrome with KIS & ZAL installed?

Yes, i couldnt type on Chrome, until i disabled ZAL Theft ID Protection...

Also guys, what about that scenario:

a) KIS17 + ZAL + MBAE
b) KIS17 + MBAE + HMP.A
c) KIS17 + HMP.A
d) KIS17 + HMP.A + MBAE + ZAL
e) KIS17 + HMP.A + ZAL

which you think would be the best?

edit: added scenario "e"

Last edited:

reystar

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 4, 2014
KIS will encrypt your keystrokes in browser, so you don't need a separate antilogger.

ZAL is only on a and d :p what about the other possible configurations? Also ZAL doesnt work only for the browser, does it? (i already have lifetime license for it anyway)

W

Wave

KIS will encrypt your keystrokes in browser, so you don't need a separate antilogger.
Maybe he wants system-wide encryption and not just for the browser.

Yes, i couldnt type on Chrome, until i disabled ZAL Theft ID Protection...

Also guys, what about that scenario:

a) KIS17 + ZAL + MBAE
b) KIS17 + MBAE + HMP.A
c) KIS17 + HMP.A
d) KIS17 + HMP.A + MBAE + ZAL ?

which you think would be the best?
You don't need both HMP.A and MBAE. Out of the scenarios you listed above, I woild recommend C. However, you could have MBAM Free on-demand.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.