Gnosis's UPDATED (11-29-13) CONFIGURATION

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Deactivated WSA's web shield due to 3-5 second delays when accessing new sites. Firewall and Realtime Shield still activated. Still like WSA very much.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
PC Environment: Private
Security Awareness: Advanced
Exposure to Malware: Low
Anti-Malware Testing: No
Operating System: Windows XP 2002 Service Pack 3 32bit
Architecture: 32-bit
Real-time Protection: EIS 8.1.0.35 (BB set to paranoid); Sandboxie Free Edition (drop administrator rights; delete contents of sandbox upon closing; immediate recovery)
On-Demand Tools: HitMan Pro
Web Browsers: Mozilla Firefox
Comodo Dragon

Browser Addons: Adblock, Better Privacy, Ghostery, Google Translator for Firefox, betterFox, Self-Destructing Cookies, Dr. Web Link Checker
OTHER TOOLS: CCleaner, Wireless Network Watcher, HiJack This, Autoruns, Treesize, Process Hacker II, PCHunter, MBAR, Avast anti-rootkit (mbr fix), F-Secure Blacklight, REVO UNINSTALLER PRO

Last edited:

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
PC Environment: Private
Security Awareness: Advanced
Exposure to Malware: Low
Anti-Malware Testing: No
Operating System: Windows XP 2002 Service Pack 3 32bit
Architecture: 32-bit
Real-time Protection: EIS 8.1.0.35 (BB set to paranoid); Sandboxie Free Edition (drop administrator rights; delete contents of sandbox upon closing; immediate recovery)
On-Demand Tools: HitMan Pro
Web Browsers: Mozilla Firefox
Comodo Dragon

Browser Addons: Adblock, Better Privacy, Ghostery, Google Translator for Firefox, betterFox, Self-Destructing Cookies, Dr. Web Link Checker
OTHER TOOLS: CCleaner, Wireless Network Watcher, HiJack This, Autoruns, Treesize, Process Hacker II, PCHunter, MBAR, Avast anti-rootkit (mbr fix), F-Secure Blacklight, REVO UNINSTALLER PRO

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Added Emsisoft Internet Security. Removed TF and WSA. Actually Emsisoft crashed TF during install eventhough I disabled Mamutu during installation. LOL
My PC gets to the desktop at boot time like normal, but it seems that Emsisoft is wrestling with my wireless at that time, thus causing a slightly painful delay before I can open anything or get internet service.
That said, Emsisoft is very, very smooth and the user interface is fabulous.
I forgot how much I like Online Armor. It is a really nice firewall. It exposed Dr. Web's connection, though all I have installed from St. Petersburg is Dr. Web Link Checker; SNEAKY DEVILS. I guess I will humor them. I have used Dr. Web CureIt plenty of times, free of charge, and their link checker is really cool, though I don't use it unless I am just fooling around. I must say that when I boot my PC and immediately see connections via Online Armor and "Russian Federation" is one of them, I brace for the worst scenario. LOL
Actually, I see their headquarters are in Moscow, which I thought was the case, but the IP look-up stated St. Petersburg.

Last edited:
I

illumination

Added Emsisoft Internet Security. Removed TF and WSA. Actually Emsisoft crashed TF during install eventhough I disabled Mamutu during installation. LOL
My PC gets to the desktop at boot time like normal, but it seems that Emsisoft is wrestling with my wireless at that time, thus causing a slightly painful delay before I can open anything or get internet service.
That said, Emsisoft is very, very smooth and the user interface is fabulous.
I forgot how much I like Online Armor. It is a really nice firewall. It exposed Dr. Web's connection, though all I have installed from St. Petersburg is Dr. Web Link Checker; SNEAKY DEVILS. I guess I will humor them. I have used Dr. Web CureIt plenty of times, free of charge, and their link checker is really cool, though I don't use it unless I am just fooling around. I must say that when I boot my PC and immediately see connections via Online Armor and "Russian Federation" is one of them, I brace for the worst scenario. LOL
Actually, I see their headquarters are in Moscow, which I thought was the case, but the IP look-up stated St. Petersburg.

OA is a strong firewall, should do you good :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I like EIS runs very well on Windows 7 for me without any problems

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I may have found the start-up sluggishness cause; it seems that Online Armor was not satisfied with "allowing" my antenna to connect to the router. I had to "trust". Could not get online several times. Now it is fine. Hopefully the time from desktop to internet service and program openly will decrease considerably as a result.
I am pretty excited about Emsisoft.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Very thoughtful of you. Actually, I have the paid version, so I am good for 363 days. Thank you very much though. I really appreciate the thought. Lord knows that I will be a great spokesperson for them. LOL

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.