Gnosis's UPDATED (11-29-13) CONFIGURATION

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Gnosis
i think i have one webroot AV license in stock , let me know if you are interested.

Like to give it a shot if you still have it. Thanks pal.

D

Deleted member 178

You are welcome, check the setting to get an idea of the possibilities of WSA but you will have almost nothing to set.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Excellent.
A while back, when I was posting that traditional AV's would be a thing of the past, I expected HIPS, BB and sandboxes to take over, but the cloud AV looks like the wave of the future, at least for people that don't want to "train" their security, or worse, end up with a sub 95% detection rate. Moreover, with Cryptolocker lurking, I want my AV at 99%+. Only a cloud AV can pursue my interest, as far as AV's go these days.

D

Deleted member 178

You know me, i like lot of options ^^

Give us sone feedback about WSA im curious to see how you feel it ^^

I

illumination

I mentioned to Gnosis, he could actually run WSA and just Comodo firewall, and still have his basic config "just a little lighter without CAV" . I have run them together that way, and it was smooth as butter...

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
PC Environment: Private
Security Awareness: Advanced
Exposure to Malware: Low
Anti-Malware Testing: No
Operating System: Windows XP 2002 Service Pack 3 32bit
Architecture: 32-bit
Real-time Protection: WSA Cloud AV; Comodo Internet Security Premium 6 (Geek Buddy, and Killswitch not utilized); Threatfire BB Level 5 (radically customized); Sandboxie Free Edition (drop administrator rights; delete contents of sandbox upon closing; quick recovery)
On-Demand Tools: MBAM, HitMan Pro
Web Browsers: Mozilla Firefox
Virtual Comodo Dragon

Browser Addons: Adblock, Better Privacy, Ghostery, Google Translator for Firefox, Self-Destructing Cookies, Dr. Web Link Checker
OTHER TOOLS: CCleaner, Wireless Network Watcher, HiJack This, Autoruns, Treesize, Process Hacker II, PCHunter, MBAR, Avast anti-rootkit (mbr fix), F-Secure Blacklight

Just installed WSA. Startup times are as good as ever and zero sluggishness while operating PC. Some might view my overlapping, and sometimes redundant security as overkill, but my system is as smooth as silk, so it is all good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

i would remove the AV component of CIS if i were you, your system responsiveness will be faster

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Do you if Spyshelter Firewall would be as light without Comodo Firewall. Removing Comodo Firewall can be a real headache! When upgrading! Spyshelter Firewall work on Windows 8.1 And still have the same level of protection?
Or would NoVirusThanks ExeRadar Pro be a better choice? And be lighter?Not sure if NoVirusThanks ExeRadar Pro work on Windows 8.1?

Last edited:

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Real-time Protection: WSA Cloud AV; Comodo Internet Security Premium 6 (Geek Buddy, and Killswitch not utilized); Threatfire BB Level 5 (radically customized); Sandboxie Free Edition (drop administrator rights; delete contents of sandbox upon closing; quick recovery)
Virtual Comodo Dragon

Browser Addons: Adblock, Better Privacy, Ghostery, Google Translator for Firefox, betterFox, Self-Destructing Cookies, Dr. Web Link Checker
OTHER TOOLS: CCleaner, Wireless Network Watcher, HiJack This, Autoruns, Treesize, Process Hacker II, PCHunter, MBAR, Avast anti-rootkit (mbr fix), F-Secure Blacklight

Just installed WSA. Startup times are as good as ever and zero sluggishness while operating PC. Some might view my overlapping, and sometimes redundant security as overkill, but my system is as smooth as silk, so it is all good.

Last edited:

bunyip783

Level 1
Mar 1, 2011
Whatever works for you mate. As long as you feel confident enough to deal with conflicts should they arise go for it.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Virtual Comodo Dragon

Browser Addons: Adblock, Better Privacy, Ghostery, Google Translator for Firefox, betterFox, Self-Destructing Cookies, Dr. Web Link Checker

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Real-time Protection: WSA Cloud AV; Threatfire BB Level 5 (radically customized); Sandboxie Free Edition (drop administrator rights; delete contents of sandbox upon closing; quick recovery)
Virtual Comodo Dragon

REMOVED CIS 6

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Real-time Protection: WSA Cloud AV (Web Shield deactivated); Threatfire BB Level 5 (radically customized); Sandboxie Free Edition (drop administrator rights; delete contents of sandbox upon closing; quick recovery)
On-Demand Tools: HitMan Pro
Virtual Comodo Dragon

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.