Go.deliverymodo.com redirect - Need Help

Durgavi

Thread author
Jun 26, 2017
I am too getting same problem on my PC for last 2 days.

My system is Windows 10, getting go.deliverymodo.com redirects.

Initially it was from Firefox only, that was my default browser. That time used Chrome and it had not problem.
I noticed it first time in Firefox and www.instructables.com... for long time the problem was with same website, but later it started with many others.

However I uninstalled Firefox and now Chrome is also redirecting to Go.deliverymodo.com after every click on "read more", buttons, links, or sometimes first random click on any website...

I tried steps as below(after reading on net topics):
  • Checked extensions, checked properties of browser shortcuts- Nothing found
  • Reset browsers
  • Downloaded and run following programs
    • McAfee Live Safe , Some browser extension by them which blocks deliverymodo site
    • Unhackme, Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner, Hitman pro and Zemana
  • Above softwares quarantined/ deleted some trojan files and threats and tell now that my PC is clean
However I keep on getting redirect tabs and then blocked by Malwarebites...
This happens for first few clicks on newly opened sites...not after that.

Would be grateful if I get some better solution to get rid of it.

By the way- does this attack on passwords/ financial sites on affected computer?​

Reactions: BearHug

Durgavi

Thread author
Jun 26, 2017
PS: This does not happen for every website tab..till now I could locate gmail, whatsapp web, this site(MalwareTips) and Digital AdvertisingAlliance(web choices) - click withing these tabs does not open new 'deliverymodo' tab...

Durgavi

Thread author
Jun 26, 2017
Read somewhere on net and added 'Popup blocker' extension.
Its showing that its blocking pop ups... mostly those are go.deliverymodo.com

Noticed recently- The sites which are shown by Chrome security indicator as "Secure" does not have this popup problem.

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

Yes, like with other people this is related to the websites, not to your computer. Install ad blocker and you should be fine.

Durgavi

Thread author
Jun 26, 2017
Popup blocker did work but to some extent.
Sometimes few sites escape and malwarebyte catches it.
One more thing I am observing after popup blocker(or due to malware) is that - If I want to open another tab by right click or CTRL click ; the same tab as well as new tab opens new link.
I have to go back to original page again.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.