Gonzalo Configuration

gonzalo

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 20, 2014
Normal config, but i want to know if i really need 360 or any security suite or should i use win defender instead
e41geeH.jpg

thanks. o_O

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

I wouldn't use 360 Total Security Essentials because it is updates and features behind, I recommend you use 360 Total Security, although the cleaner and speedup you may never use it has more features like PUP blocking and other things. If you want peace of mind or to feel more secure:

Click on Protection ON then click configure, security mode is the best (Bitdefender, Avira and their cloud engine)

gonzalo

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 20, 2014
I wouldn't use 360 Total Security Essentials because it is updates and features behind, I recommend you use 360 Total Security, although the cleaner and speedup you may never use it has more features like PUP blocking and other things. If you want peace of mind or to feel more secure:

Click on Protection ON then click configure, security mode is the best (Bitdefender, Avira and their cloud engine)
thanks for your answer, i will wait for more opinions about it to make the final decision o_O

Reactions: Ryan Rafer

Kate_L

in memoriam
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2014
I'm using 360 Total Security with Protection Mode on Security. I also have PUP enabled (this was added only a few days ago in Security Essential). The Cleaner and Speedup are amazing. I also enabled the Browser Protection.

TheMalwareMaster

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 4, 2016
You don't really need a firewall if using quihoo. I higly recommend to switch to 360 TS, because it has PUP blocking and ransomware protection

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
N

Noxx

I have nothing against 360 Total Security per-say, but there's no way I'm going to trust a vendor that may as well be sponsored by one of the worlds superpowers. Whether it's the United States, Germany, Russia... or in this case -- China, makes no difference.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Qihoo 360 TS Essentials is fine however consider only that some features are unnecessary like cleaners, although in the firewall category where built in from Windows already supplemented it.

You may regularly use their Sandbox feature since few of users use it as others rely to add another third party components.

Privacy on Qihoo and other Chinese products is an isolated issue at all.

Meanwhile add a backup program to have system image snapshots accessible anytime.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.