Google Chrome processes malware

JCastro

Thread author
Oct 27, 2014
Hi, this is the 3rd time I am making a thread about the fake Google Chrome processes. When I made the first two threads, TwinHeadedEagle helped me to remove the virus so it wouldn't recreate itself on startup, but it always eventually came back. I have come to discover that the virus comes back when I launch Internet Explorer. I rarely use that browser, and noticed then when the last time I opened it up the malware immediately re-created itself and started opening itself. Of course I could be wrong about IE being the cause, but this is what it seems to be.

Anyway, I need help removing it again.

Attached are fresh FRST and Addition .txts.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    36.7 KB · Views: 97
  • FRST.txt
    50.3 KB · Views: 57

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

They call me TwinHeadedEagle around here, and I'll be working with you.

Before we start please read and note the following:
  • At the top of your post, please click on the "Watch thread" button and make sure to check Watch this thread...and receive email notifications. This will send an email to you as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing me to solve your problem faster.
  • Please do not install any new software during the cleaning process other than the tools I provide for you. This can hinder the cleaning process. Please do not perform System Restore or any other restore.
  • Instructions I give to you are very simple and made for complete beginner to follow. That's why you need to read through my instructions carefully and completely before executing them.
  • Please do not run any tools other than the ones I ask you to, when I ask you to. Some of these tools can be very dangerous if used improperly. Also, if you use a tool that I have not requested you use, it can cause false positives, thereby delaying the complete cleaning of your machine.
  • All tools we use here are completely clean and do not contain any malware. If your antivirus detects them as malicious, please disable your antivirus and then continue.
  • If during the process you run across anything that is not in my instructions, please stop and ask. If any tool is running too much time (few hours), please stop and inform me.
  • I visit forum several times at day, making sure to respond to everyone's topic as fast as possible. But bear in mind that I have private life like everyone and I cannot be here 24/7. So please be patient with me. Also, some infections require less, and some more time to be removed completely, so bear this in mind and be patient.
  • Please stay with me until the end of all steps and procedures and I declare your system clean. Just because there is a lack of symptoms does not indicate a clean machine. If you solved your problem yourself, set aside two minutes to let me know.
  • Please attach all report using
    fjqb1h.png
    button below. Doing this, you make it easier for me to analyze and fix your problem.

• Do not ask for help for your business PC. Companies are making revenue via computers, so it is good thing to pay someone to repair it.
  • If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.

Download
51a5f31352b88-icon_MBAR.png
Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to your desktop.
  • Double-click the icon to start the tool.
  • It will ask you where to extract it, then it will start.
  • Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.
  • Click in the introduction screen "next" to continue.
  • Click in the following screen "Update" to obtain the latest malware definitions.
  • Once the update is complete select "Next" and click "Scan".
  • When the scan is finished and no malware has been found select "Exit".
  • If malware was detected, make sure to check all the items and click "Cleanup". Reboot your computer.
  • Open the MBAR folder and paste the content of the following files in your next reply:
    • "mbar-log-{date} (xx-xx-xx).txt"
    • "system-log.txt"

FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please include their content into your next reply.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.