Not open for further replies.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Well i installed the latest version of Google Chrome about two days ago, and due to my use of Comodo Dragon in the past that was easy. :)

But i do have a question for those who might know. When you start Google Chrome you are logged into your Google account right? At least when i open a new tab then i can see my gmail address. BUT...when i go to my Google mail account it still needs to login first before i get to my gmail page? Since i use Lastpass that is done automatically, but should i not already be logged in to gmail/Google+ and youtube by having started Google Chrome?

Or am i misunderstanding things wrong here?

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
"Or am i misunderstanding things wrong here? "
answer is yes
when you logged in to the browser ,it is for syncronise purpose only,crome deal with your bookmarks,your history,password etc but not with your gmail.So you have to login to your google acc. manually or automatically(as you are using lastpass).You can turn off this feature if you don't like it & also you can change your start page too.

N

Nige_40

Morro said:
Well i installed the latest version of Google Chrome about two days ago, and due to my use of Comodo Dragon in the past that was easy. :)

But i do have a question for those who might know. When you start Google Chrome you are logged into your Google account right? At least when i open a new tab then i can see my gmail address. BUT...when i go to my Google mail account it still needs to login first before i get to my gmail page? Since i use Lastpass that is done automatically, but should i not already be logged in to gmail/Google+ and youtube by having started Google Chrome?

Or am i misunderstanding things wrong here?

I know what you mean Morro, But I've seen this for the past 6 to 8 updates of Dragon and I hear it's the same as chrome.

But I mainly see it if I press the New tab to open a new page or to go to Store that is shows your gmail address on the top right.

So what happens there, is that each Extension you get from the store, or each webpage you save gets uploaded to your Google account. via syncing your data to Google Dashboard. So everything is saved.

So if you removed everything to do with Dragon or google from your computer system, then everything is kept on Google.

And when you re install google or Dragon from fresh you need to log in to Google via the sign in area of the Settings, then all your web pages come back and all your Extension are back to what you had.

I hope you understand now

Regards

Nigel

P.S. If you Disconnect Google account you have lost everything.

And you need log in again, if that not work you need to re install Google/Dragon.

Morro

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
@ MalwareVirus and Nige_40

Yes now i do understand, Thank you very much for explaining it to me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.