Google Chrome reportedly bypassing Adblock, forces users to watch full-length video ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I read somewhere today that this was an unintentional side effect of a bug fix and that it will be fixed at least as soon as version 46. I don't use Adblock Plus myself so was never affected by it. If YouTube ever did block adblockers or simply invent a way to stop you from blocking their ads, I simply would never get on YouTube again. I don't like ads, they are very annoying, and I won't be wasting time or bandwidth on them.

There may be a future way to block someone from blocking ads, but everything continues to advance and we will be able to block them yet again. Malware evolves, but so does the methods in blocking them. Just my thoughts on the matter. To me, there is no acceptable ads. Put up a donate button if you want money so bad that you'll never spend. People are extremely generous with money. Just not to the people who actually need it for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.