Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Google Chrome 110.0.5481.96/.97 Stable Channel Desktop Update
The Stable channel has been updated to 110.0.5481.96 for Mac and Linux and 110.0.5481.96/.97 for Windows, which will roll out over the coming days/weeks. A full list of changes in this build is available in the log.

The Extended Stable channel has been updated to 110.0.5481.96 for Windows and Mac which will roll out over the coming days/weeks.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Google Chrome 110.0.5481.104 Stable Channel Desktop
The Stable channel has been updated to 110.0.5481.104 for Windows only, which will roll out over the coming days/weeks. A full list of changes in this build is available in the log.

The Extended Stable channel has been updated to 110.0.5481.104 for Windows only which will roll out over the coming days/weeks.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Me. I run it with Kaspersky Plus and a VPN. Edge is getting too bloated with their self promotions and Bing so I switch back and forth.
Well, I have to admit it's less bloated. I'm trying it now. No VPN, just disable all possible settings and use Emsisoft Browser Security. Chrome doesn't make obvious how to add a custom search engine, to the point of being deceptive. We'll see how it goes.

Sammo

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2012
Well, I have to admit it's less bloated. I'm trying it now. No VPN, just disable all possible settings and use Emsisoft Browser Security. Chrome doesn't make obvious how to add a custom search engine, to the point of being deceptive. We'll see how it goes.
Exactly! Also, I use the extension SearchBar which lets you easily use custom search engines and will open results in a new tab if you want it to. SearchBar

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Google Chrome 111.0.5563.50 Early Stable Update for Desktop
The Stable channel has been updated to 111.0.5563.50 for Windows and Mac as part of our early stable release to a small percentage of users. A full list of changes in this build is available in the log.

You can find more details about early Stable releases here.

Sammo

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2012
My Chrome updated today to version 111.0.5563.65 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Stable Channel Update for Desktop Tuesday, March 7, 2023
The Chrome team is delighted to announce the promotion of Chrome 111 to the stable channel for Windows, Mac and Linux. This will roll out over the coming days/weeks.
This update includes 40 security fixes. Below, we highlight fixes that were contributed by external researchers. Please see the Chrome Security Page for more information.

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Google Chrome 111.0.5563.64/.65 Stable Channel Update for Desktop
The Chrome team is delighted to announce the promotion of Chrome 111 to the stable channel for Windows, Mac and Linux. This will roll out over the coming days/weeks.

Chrome 111.0.5563.64 (Linux and Mac), 111.0.5563.64/.65( Windows) contains a number of fixes and improvements -- a list of changes is available in the log. Watch out for upcoming Chrome and Chromium blog posts about new features and big efforts delivered in 111.

This update includes 40 security fixes.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
@oldschool
Moving the discussion here since some users may not like Chrome discussion on the Edge thread:
Have you tried this group policy/registry trick?
And for blocking some Google related domains on Chrome, a DNS based solution would be your best bet.

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Moving the discussion here since some users may not like Chrome discussion on the Edge thread:
Thanks ...
And for blocking some Google related domains on Chrome, a DNS based solution would be your best bet.
And thanks again.

Haven't tried the registry hack but I have "Clear site data on exit" enabled and it appears to me that Chrome doesn't include history in that. Each time I restart it there are X number items in history available to clear via Shift+Ctrl+Delete. Am I wrong?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.