Google Decides to End Support for Google Chrome on 32-bit Linux OSes

Ben10

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2015
Today, December 1, 2015, Google announced that they will no longer provide 32-bit DEB packages of the Google Chrome web browser for select GNU/Linux operating systems.
Additionally, Google also announced that future releases of the Google Chrome web browser will no longer be supported on the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin) and Debian GNU/Linux 7 (Wheezy) OSes, urging users to update to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr) and Debian GNU/Linux 8 (Jessie) respectively.
Today's announcement also mentions the fact that Google will continue to support the 32-bit build configurations for those who want to build the open-source Chromium web browser on various Linux kernel-based operating systems.

Read more : Google Decides to End Support for Google Chrome on 32-bit Linux OSes

Reactions: Deleted member 178
D

Deleted member 178

not enough Linux'users, and those who use Linux knows how to disable Chrome data mining ^^

D

Deleted member 178

like most browsers , Chrome mine your surfing datas

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well considering the vulnerabilities and risk for Linux, chances are to attack from those users are minimal considering the audience scale.

Reactions: frogboy

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
I consider chrome totally not needed on a linux pc.I use linux and pale moon is more than adequate.
Chrome does not data mine.Read the chrome privacy paper and they explain clearly what data they keep etc.
Usage numbers have nothing to do with linux security.Linux is above all a server based os which is descended from unix.Its more secure out of the box and built with servers in mind.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.