Google Kills Nest ecosystem [Read more]

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Other than privacy, what does this acutally mean? I have 2 nests thermostats in my house. Does this mean the company Google will take over Nest entirely? I don't understand.

Update: NVM, I read the second article. I think this will be good considering the mobile and web app for Nest needed some work... I love the thermostats, but the software outside of the thermostat itself needed some polishing.

Is just another reason to avoid smart devices at your house, on top of the security concerns, now you have the privacy concerns. :coffee:

I'm more worried about the Chinese Cams I have installed than Google Nest.

As fast as IOT seems to be moving, I might be changing my hardware out every year at least...

Reactions: Vasudev

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.