Advice Request Google Play Store: Not available in your country

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I want to install the mobile banking app for my bank but I am overseas and I get the "Not available in your country" error.
I tried clearing the cache and data of Play Store, and then using a VPN (Windscribe), but I still got the error.
Any ideas?
If I change my country in play store settings, I can't change back for a year...

Reactions: CyberTech

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Maybe a family member could download the apk and send it to you via e-mail or upload it somewhere. At least that would be my emergency solution if nothing else would work.
I hope some other member knows an easier way :)

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Maybe a family member could download the apk and send it to you via e-mail or upload it somewhere. At least that would be my emergency solution if nothing else would work.
I hope some other member knows an easier way :)
How can he get the apk?

Reactions: Keyang556

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Sorry ignore my advice. I thought the apk would behave like with an adguard install (which would show up in my download folder on my mobile).
There seems to be ways but since I never used them I can't tell you which ones are legit.
Better wait for other ideas. Sorry

Last edited:
Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Try Aurora Store. It gets its downloads from the Play Store, but can download apps that are not available in your region. Also it can check for and install app updates. So if you install an app that you can't get in the Play Store, you can use Aurora Store to keep the app updated.
Aurora Store + VPN = "Not available in your country"

StRonK

Level 1
Apr 19, 2020
Aurora Store + VPN = "Not available in your country"
it is not possible to download it with the default setting. There should be an option called "spoof manager" in the options, click on it, in this option you can select your phone model and the country you want to use. You probably won't need to change your phone model, just choose one of the countries with access to the app. (You don't need to use vpn.)

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
it is not possible to download it with the default setting. There should be an option called "spoof manager" in the options, click on it, in this option you can select your phone model and the country you want to use. You probably won't need to change your phone model, just choose one of the countries with access to the app. (You don't need to use vpn.)
Wow, even better.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
it worked?
Yes. Aurora store did the trick for me.
I didn't know about "spoof manager," so I used Aurora in conjunction with VPN.
It offers various methods of installation. The most straightforward method did not work with one of my apps, so I switched to a alternative method, which Aurora recommended to me, and now I have my two US banking apps installed and working.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.