Google redesigns homepage

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Looks like Google has a new layout and design for the search.

See attachment or visit Google.com:
[attachment=527]

What do you think of the changes, answer via Poll. :)

Attachments

• Google_June2011_NewDesign.png
    Google_June2011_NewDesign.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 503

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
K__M said:
Mine does not look like that. It just has a new black bar at the top.
Same here.
[attachment=528]
Google has started adding the "+1" button to all their pages around the world (eg : .fr,.it,.ro .. ) so they need it to point out this new feature with a small redesign.Looks good....Google has a very simple and professional look for their page so any change is always easy to spot :p

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    130 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Me too a black bar and I like the new layout than before.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Me too a black bar and I like the new layout than before.
It has been proven that people will always like the "new" ....Google has a good designing team so it won't be a surprising if most of the people will like it.
I can tell you that if : after 6months Google will release a new design and we will ask the users again : "Do you like it more than the previous one?" , most will say : "Yes, it looks awesome!"

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Always nice to see something fresh, Good on ya Google.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I use Chrome and the bar is white, but with IE9 the bar is black.

I do see from Jack's screenshot he is using Chrome, but still uses the black bar. :huh:

I've signed up to be notified about Google+. :p

Do you agree that Google's white, bright colours have partially kept the company with a good reputation? - I do.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Seems its like all browser will shown black bar, I tested in Google Chrome in laptop then its a black bar itself.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
stormgtr said:
Do you agree that Google's white, bright colours have partially kept the company with a good reputation? - I do.
Google has released products built and designed by engineers.Google design was very simple and without any unneeded elements,Google Search site was designed with only one thing in mind : maximize the loading times.
Reportedly, within Google, when designers and engineers clashed over a product, the engineers usually won.
This new changes are a step forward when it comes to design,if you take a look at the official Google+ page you'll find a lot of colors and design elements which is something new for Google.. :p (+1 Google!)
[attachment=530]
Start a demo

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    424.9 KB · Views: 518

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Review: The modernized, refreshed Google interface

Google has created a stir recently by changing a lot of their services’ interfaces to co-inside with the announcement and private beta release of their Google+ social networking service. So today we’re sharing our opinions of the changes that Google has made, considering so many use their services, and giving our thoughts on what could be improved.

Read more

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
RE: Review: The modernized, refreshed Google interface

Google made the correct path on their brand new interface.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

jamescv7 said:
Google made the correct path on their brand new interface.

yep, look simple and cool now with black bar at above

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

Google should learn from Apple......beautiful looking products "sell" better,the design is a important part of how successful a product will be.
According to Google this re-design is a project that will run over the next few months, and the users will continue to see more updates.

Google design evolution :

Original Google homepage in 1997
[attachment=537]

New Google homepage (2011) with a smaller logo and links moved to the top and bottom edges of the browser for a cleaner look
[attachment=538]

Attachments

• 1sGJIpVMfe8hkDJxR9DUpGiMisH3FU0k.jpeg
    1sGJIpVMfe8hkDJxR9DUpGiMisH3FU0k.jpeg
    18.6 KB · Views: 458
  • 1sh-XXeO14DeTQS8ITF4pS_ILi41FAQM.png
    1sh-XXeO14DeTQS8ITF4pS_ILi41FAQM.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 478

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

I posted this a few days ago:
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Google-redesigns-homepage

Threads were merged.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.