Hi,

I have been having a lot of issues with GooSavve over the past few months, I can't remember how exactly it arrived or when exactly. But ads were popping up in chrome and i think in safari as well. I also think that ads were appearing in skype as well.

I then later noticed, that a lot of the files on my computer were labelled as GooSavve in the Windows Explorer column: File Type
6684eb2253.png


I have tried deleting all the system registries and system files located in my C: Drive that had anything to do with GooSavve and it still continues to remain. I have also deleted/removed the Chrome extensions that it installed with no success.

Please help me get rid of it. I really want to learn java, and it doesn't help that half of the java file extensions are labelled the same as the previous picture.

Thanks,

_xXTheBlackAbyssXx_
 

Attachments

Hello,



They call me TwinHeadedEagle around here, and I'll be working with you.



Before we start please read and note the following:
  • At the top of your post, please click on the "Watch thread" button and make sure to check Watch this thread...and receive email notifications. This will send an email to you as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing me to solve your problem faster.
  • Please do not install any new software during the cleaning process other than the tools I provide for you. This can hinder the cleaning process. Please do not perform System Restore or any other restore.
  • Instructions I give to you are very simple and made for complete beginner to follow. That's why you need to read through my instructions carefully and completely before executing them.
  • Please do not run any tools other than the ones I ask you to, when I ask you to. Some of these tools can be very dangerous if used improperly. Also, if you use a tool that I have not requested you use, it can cause false positives, thereby delaying the complete cleaning of your machine.
  • All tools we use here are completely clean and do not contain any malware. If your antivirus detects them as malicious, please disable your antivirus and then continue.
  • If during the process you run across anything that is not in my instructions, please stop and ask. If any tool is running too much time (few hours), please stop and inform me.
  • I visit forum several times at day, making sure to respond to everyone's topic as fast as possible. But bear in mind that I have private life like everyone and I cannot be here 24/7. So please be patient with me. Also, some infections require less, and some more time to be removed completely, so bear this in mind and be patient.
  • Please stay with me until the end of all steps and procedures and I declare your system clean. Just because there is a lack of symptoms does not indicate a clean machine. If you solved your problem yourself, set aside two minutes to let me know.
  • Please attach all report using
    fjqb1h.png
    button below. Doing this, you make it easier for me to analyze and fix your problem.

  • Do not ask for help for your business PC. Companies are making revenue via computers, so it is good thing to pay someone to repair it.
  • If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.




warning.gif
Rules and policies

We won't support any piracy.
That being told, if any evidence of illegal OS, software, cracks/keygens or any other will be revealed, any further assistance will be suspended. If you are aware that there is this kind of stuff on your machine, remove it before proceeding!
The same applies to any use of P2P software: uTorrent, BitTorrent, Vuze, Kazaa, Ares... We don't provide any help for P2P, except for their removal. All P2P software has to be uninstalled or at least fully disabled before proceeding!

Failure to follow these guidelines will result with closing your topic and withdrawning any assistance.




51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png
Scan with ZOEK

Please download ZOEK by Smeenk and save it to your desktop (preferred version is the *.exe one)
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.

  • Right-click on
    51a612a8b27e2-Zoek.png
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Wait patiently until the main console will appear, it may take a minute or two.
  • In the main box please paste in the following script:
    Code:
    createsrpoint;
    autoclean;
    emptyalltemp;
    ipconfig /flushdns;b
  • Make sure that Scan All Users option is checked.
  • Push Run Script and wait patiently. The scan may take a couple of minutes.
  • When the scan completes, a zoek-results logfile should open in notepad.
  • If a reboot is needed, it will be opened after it. You may also find it at your main drive (usually C:\ drive)

Post its content into your next reply.
 
I have no antivirus, apart from the Microsoft Essentials thingy. But, ill do it again for you. Why is ipconfig needed in the code that you gave me. I'd prefer it if you didn't know my ip address.

EDIT: Will upload logs tomorrow.
 
Last edited:
I am unable to run the scan, the program causes the CPU to run at 60-80% at maximum frequency (Intel Centrino vPro). This causes the laptop to shut down un-cleanly, mid-way through the scan. Is there an alternative way to gather the info that the Zoek scan provides? Or a way to get the laptop to be able to run it?
 
adwcleaner_new.png
Fix with AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save the file to your Desktop.
  • Right-click on
    adwcleaner_new.png
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
  • Wait until the database is updated.
  • Accept the Terms of use and click Scan.
  • When finished, please click Clean.
  • Upon completion, click Report. A log (AdwCleaner[S*].txt) will open.

Please include the contents of that file in your reply.

Note: Reports will be saved in your system partition, usually at C:\Adwcleaner




FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please include their content into your next reply.
 
Scans Running.

EDIT: Scans uploaded. I have run the FRST.exe before and after the ADWCleaner scan. Included both sets of logs, they are labelled.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
​

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.
 

Attachments

Safari is fine, ad free.

Chrome, has no ads, but, pretty much all webpages are not loading, the loading circle just circles...endlessly...and it still uses tons of CPU...not sure if it's related to this, or just a chrome bug.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top