Advice Request Got router hijacked

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

The J

Thread author
Feb 25, 2021
Hello. First of all I would like to thank anyone that answers this, as im incredible anxious and worried. So I just found that someone entered my router and changed some configurations. I want to know if, even though I have two factor authentication on my google account, someone could have acessed my google account (including drive, etc...).

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Hello. First of all I would like to thank anyone that answers this, as im incredible anxious and worried. So I just found that someone entered my router and changed some configurations. I want to know if, even though I have two factor authentication on my google account, someone could have acessed my google account (including drive, etc...).
Hi!

No. If someone gains access to your router's configuration page, it can only change your internet settings. I think you have nothing to worry about, but I do recommend you to change password for access to router's configuration page and Wi-Fi network. That should be enough.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.