App Review Grandmother sent me an Email

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Reboot- if you are seeing an explorer.exe being sandboxed it may be associated with a Network access block of the Device Association Framework Provider Host- (dasHost.exe- it enables pairing between the system and wired or wireless devices).

So open up the Comodo GUI, go into Blocked applications and you should see dashost. Unblock it and see if the issue is resolved. Let me know if that helped.

D

Deleted member 2913

I am having a similar experience. Did you resolve the issue?
I have searchui.exe, explorer.exe & windows operating system blocked in unblock apps, I kept those blocked & dont see any probs on the system...

Reactions: reboot

reboot

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2017
It's not the problem to allow something through firewall.
Check the pictures:

Thank you Av Gurus. My intention was to just do that and I was curious as to why it was happening.

I whitelisted the system files that were blocked in the first place, and now it seems stable.

/W
woodrowbone that's good to know.. thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 2913
D

Deleted member 2913

Thank you Av Gurus. My intention was to just do that and I was curious as to why it was happening.
As I have mentioned in one of my previous posts, I too have couple blocked like explorer.exe, etc...And I have kept those blocked & see no probs on system.

If you want, can unblock those in blocked apps...

reboot

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2017
As I have mentioned in one of my previous posts, I too have couple blocked like explorer.exe, etc...And I have kept those blocked & see no probs on system.

If you want, can unblock those in blocked apps...

Thank you Yash, I left them blocked also and I have not noticed any issues but thought it best to ask.

@cruelsister from what I can see dasHost.exe is not being blocked.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thank you Yash, I left them blocked also and I have not noticed any issues but thought it best to ask.

@cruelsister from what I can see dasHost.exe is not being blocked.
I have 3 things related to system/microsoft blocked i.e searchui.exe, explorer.exe & windows operating system (dont know what is actually blocked regards "windows operating system"?)
My system is Win 10 64 Pro

What all system/microsoft blocked on your system?

reboot

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2017
I have 3 things related to system/microsoft blocked i.e searchui.exe, explorer.exe & windows operating system (dont know what is actually blocked regards "windows operating system"?)
My system is Windows 10 64 Pro

What all system/microsoft blocked on your system?

svchost.exe, explorer.exe and windows operating system. My system is also Windows 10 64 Pro

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.