Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Malware Tester
In most cases, it isn't possible to upgrade a laptop's graphics card. If you want better gaming performance, the only sensible option is to buy a new laptop
I am not in gaming.But I'm short of money now for new laptop.😔 but I need a graphic card now.Thank you for your recommendation.

plat1098

Level 17
Verified
An older i3 may bottleneck more modern, higher-performance gpu. For an older machine like you say, it may not be possible to upgrade a major component like that. Maybe check the manufacturer's specifications webpage and see? Plus, that video above indicates it seems very labor-intensive and risky.

In general, modern and budget gpus include NVIDIA 1660, 1660 Ti, 1660 Super, AMD RX580. You have to consider the additional heat build-up also.

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Malware Tester
If you have Intel Integrated Graphics (as I do), adding more RAM should improve the overall performance, including graphics. My cheap Acer Aspire i3 comes w/ 4 GB of RAM, but can be upgraded to as much as 16 GB. I believe that half of the total RAM is available for graphics with IIG.
Already additional 8gb RAM(4+8=12gb) added.I will run Adobe Premiere Pro CC2017 not Premiere Pro CC2020 because it required minimum of 8gb RAM+Graphics Card with Intel HD graphics 5000(basic). Any chance of crash system?
I have Intel integrated 4000 HD graphics.

Last edited:

South Park

Level 4
Verified
Already additional 8gb RAM(4+8=12gb) added.I will run Adobe Premiere Pro CC2017 not Premiere Pro CC2020 because it required minimum of 8gb RAM+Graphics Card with Intel HD graphics 5000(basic). Any chance of crash system?
I have Intel integrated 4000 HD graphics.
I have Intel HD Graphics 520 and can run a basic video editor (AVI Demux) with only 4 GB total RAM with no major problems, so I think you'll be OK if you're not running anything else graphics-intensive at the same time.