Advice Request Graphic card for i3 processor laptop

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
In most cases, it isn't possible to upgrade a laptop's graphics card. If you want better gaming performance, the only sensible option is to buy a new laptop
I am not in gaming.But I'm short of money now for new laptop.😔 but I need a graphic card now.Thank you for your recommendation.

Reactions: Nevi

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
An older i3 may bottleneck more modern, higher-performance gpu. For an older machine like you say, it may not be possible to upgrade a major component like that. Maybe check the manufacturer's specifications webpage and see? Plus, that video above indicates it seems very labor-intensive and risky.

In general, modern and budget gpus include NVIDIA 1660, 1660 Ti, 1660 Super, AMD RX580. You have to consider the additional heat build-up also.

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
If you have Intel Integrated Graphics (as I do), adding more RAM should improve the overall performance, including graphics. My cheap Acer Aspire i3 comes w/ 4 GB of RAM, but can be upgraded to as much as 16 GB. I believe that half of the total RAM is available for graphics with IIG.
Already additional 8gb RAM(4+8=12gb) added.I will run Adobe Premiere Pro CC2017 not Premiere Pro CC2020 because it required minimum of 8gb RAM+Graphics Card with Intel HD graphics 5000(basic). Any chance of crash system?
I have Intel integrated 4000 HD graphics.

Last edited:

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
Already additional 8gb RAM(4+8=12gb) added.I will run Adobe Premiere Pro CC2017 not Premiere Pro CC2020 because it required minimum of 8gb RAM+Graphics Card with Intel HD graphics 5000(basic). Any chance of crash system?
I have Intel integrated 4000 HD graphics.
I have Intel HD Graphics 520 and can run a basic video editor (AVI Demux) with only 4 GB total RAM with no major problems, so I think you'll be OK if you're not running anything else graphics-intensive at the same time.

Reactions: Captain Awesome

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.