Status
Not open for further replies.

catcath

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2015
Hi all,

I'm Helen. I've been developing my first Android APP for the last three months - Green Gallery. Now it has been released in Google Play. Can you guys please try it and give me some suggestions?

Download on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.btows.photo&hl=en

Thanks for your help.

BR,
Helen

3Ovs4D-i-e-sYBbmJF_Ejd2yrZNKKC3m_xwPgAEn4whQBfurORPyIFSfg-vc2Du9aQ=h900-rw

Last edited:

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Looks like a useful app, downloading now and will give my feedback later.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your help. Looking forward to your useful feedback.
Alright I have been using the app for few days. Everything is good, but I have some suggestions.

• When viewing photos, I prefer the buttons to be docked at the bottom. Currently they go away if you don't do anything, you would have to tap the screen to bring them back up. Make this a optional setting as everyone probably wouldn't prefer this.
  • The Interface - It is very basic I would prefer if the interface was updated to a appealing style.

I was in a rush to do this, but I am not done with feedback. I will continue to provide feedback whenever I think of some more things.

I have rated the app 5 out of 5 stars on the play store, it is a excellent app as is.

Reactions: catcath

TrHDuy1203

Level 1
Verified
Mar 29, 2015
Very nice app. Thanks for sharing us. ;) But it's still a bit messy for me.

My suggestions:
  • After taking action by using compress/ share/ hide/ delete is done, those buttons should be hide automatically.
  • Using a circle shape for buttons.
  • Add a camera button.
  • Instead of "Private Album" tab, I want it to appear when I double touch on somewhere.. So not everyone knows you have a Private Album.
  • Add some custom themes, such as changing the backgroud with image or custom color.
  • If possible, add a feature that let me upload images to Facebook with 2048 quality.
  • Use the font in app for those words in introduction.
  • Enable tranfering between tabs.
  • Add 'About' application in tab More.
... I will suggest more later if I have anymore idea. :D

Questions:
  • What is "New Functions" used for?
  • Do you have any plan for translating this app?
Edit: you should add some screenshots to your post. :)

Last edited:

catcath

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2015
Very nice app. Thanks for sharing us. ;) But it's still a bit messy for me.

My suggestions:
  • After taking action by using compress/ share/ hide/ delete is done, those buttons should be hide automatically.
  • Using a circle shape for buttons.
  • Add a camera button.
  • Instead of "Private Album" tab, I want it to appear when I double touch on somewhere.. So not everyone knows you have a Private Album.
  • Add some custom themes, such as changing the backgroud with image or custom color.
  • If possible, add a feature that let me upload images to Facebook with 2048 quality.
  • Use the font in app for those words in introduction.
  • Enable tranfering between tabs.
  • Add 'About' application in tab More.
... I will suggest more later if I have anymore idea. :D

Questions:
  • What is "New Functions" used for?
  • Do you have any plan for translating this app?
Edit: you should add some screenshots to your post. :)

Hi, appreciate your feedback. I will improve my APP based on the above suggestions.
About your questions:
1. New Functions means some new functions that we will add in future versions. Maybe you'll a little confused. I'm considering to delete it.
2. Of course i have plan to add more languages for this app, spreading it all around.

Thanks.
Helen

Last edited:
Reactions: TrHDuy1203

catcath

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2015
Alright I have been using the app for few days. Everything is good, but I have some suggestions.

• When viewing photos, I prefer the buttons to be docked at the bottom. Currently they go away if you don't do anything, you would have to tap the screen to bring them back up. Make this a optional setting as everyone probably wouldn't prefer this.
  • The Interface - It is very basic I would prefer if the interface was updated to a appealing style.
I was in a rush to do this, but I am not done with feedback. I will continue to provide feedback whenever I think of some more things.

I have rated the app 5 out of 5 stars on the play store, it is a excellent app as is.

Hi, thanks for the rating and your suggestions.
You want the buttons to be always docked at the bottom? But i was considering that users might want to view the whole screen photos. Therefore i decided to make the buttons disappear if you don't do anything.
How would you like the interface going to be? More colourful?

BR,
Helen

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Hi, thanks for the rating and your suggestions.
You want the buttons to be always docked at the bottom? But i was considering that users might want to view the whole screen photos. Therefore i decided to make the buttons disappear if you don't do anything.
How would you like the interface going to be? More colourful?

BR,
Helen

I'd like the interface to be something but plain (colorful would be fine). The buttons to be docked could be a optional setting.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello upon I test your program here are my thoughts and suggestions:

1) Pretty good interface, likely in my opinion the background is much better if its black.

2) I think you may add the registration for prompting the default gallery viewer.

3) Good as much as possible if you include video viewing like others and add some features that will be useful

4) Just a minor glitch I've found: (The word favorite does not fit on the pane) then also its better if the orientation of the program is supported on landscape.

fOuIkwO.jpg

:) Keep up the good work.

TrHDuy1203

Level 1
Verified
Mar 29, 2015
Suggestions:
  • Do not automatically add icon to home screen. The app may ask user whether he want to add icon or not after installation completed.
  • Remove Chinese letters in app name. The app name would change with the language if there are more than one available.
Question:
  • How to add an image/ several images to Private Album?
Bug:
  • If I select all images and delete them all, the app will be likely to crash or freeze in a while.

catcath

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2015
Suggestions:
  • Do not automatically add icon to home screen. The app may ask user whether he want to add icon or not after installation completed.
  • Remove Chinese letters in app name. The app name would change with the language if there are more than one available.
Question:
  • How to add an image/ several images to Private Album?
Bug:
  • If I select all images and delete them all, the app will be likely to crash or freeze in a while.
Appreciate your feedback.

About your questions:
The photos you selected to hide would be transferred to Private Album. Choose ''hide'' to add images to Private Album.

About your bugs:
I'm checking now. It would take a little long time if there are too many photos saved in your phone. But it was abnormal if the app was going to freeze even crash. I will fix the bug ASAP and would release a new version.

About your suggestions:
You find it annoying if we automatically add icon to home screen? I thought that skipping the step would be more convenient.
Couldn't find Chinese letters in APP Name. Could you help to show me the screenshot?

Thanks a lot!
Helen

catcath

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2015
Hello upon I test your program here are my thoughts and suggestions:

1) Pretty good interface, likely in my opinion the background is much better if its black.

2) I think you may add the registration for prompting the default gallery viewer.

3) Good as much as possible if you include video viewing like others and add some features that will be useful

4) Just a minor glitch I've found: (The word favorite does not fit on the pane) then also its better if the orientation of the program is supported on landscape.

fOuIkwO.jpg

:) Keep up the good work.

Thanks for your kind help.
1) Maybe i will add custom background for your selection.
2) The registration idea is great. I'm considering how to make it.
3) I wanna focus on photos only currently, but maybe add videos in future versions.
4) It's the compatibility issue that the word ''favourites'' does not fit on the pane. But i will fix the glitch immediately.

BR.
Helen

Reactions: jamescv7

TrHDuy1203

Level 1
Verified
Mar 29, 2015
  • Chinese letters only show in Vietnamese language. Screenshot:
eJcyC9A.png

• Make Green Gallery be able to set image to be home/ lock screen background (as default gallery).
  • And suggest this app to open image:
XBdHi6D.png

You find it annoying if we automatically add icon to home screen?
Yes I do.

I thought that skipping the step would be more convenient.
Skipping the step is ok. Just don't add icon to home screen automatically (on each reboot). If the user want to, he can manually do that hímelf.

But it was abnormal if the app was going to freeze even crash.
Green Gallery crashed twice and usually freeze a while when I try deleting all images. More info about my phone: Samsung Galaxy J (SC-02F) running ROM Darklord 2.2 (find this on XDA forum). I will try this on other ROMs and confirm if this was caused by ROM or app.

Appreciate your quick support. Keep up your work :D

catcath

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2015
  • Chinese letters only show in Vietnamese language. Screenshot:
eJcyC9A.png

• Make Green Gallery be able to set image to be home/ lock screen background (as default gallery).
  • And suggest this app to open image:
XBdHi6D.png

Yes I do.

Skipping the step is ok. Just don't add icon to home screen automatically (on each reboot). If the user want to, he can manually do that hímelf.

Green Gallery crashed twice and usually freeze a while when I try deleting all images. More info about my phone: Samsung Galaxy J (SC-02F) running ROM Darklord 2.2 (find this on XDA forum). I will try this on other ROMs and confirm if this was caused by ROM or app.

Appreciate your quick support. Keep up your work :D
Hi,

• Chinese letters in Google Play has been removed. Thanks for your kind reminder!
  • You can set image to be home background and lock screen as below images shown:
10923190_467904043363969_5901057016456326323_n.jpg

11147581_467904036697303_3955872056365282214_n.jpg

• I will add open image as you suggested. It's a great idea!
  • Adding icon to home screen automatically will be changed into an optional setting. I will make Green Gallery ask users whether they want to add icon or not after installation completed.
  • I've tested and found freeze issue indeed out there. I will figure it out.
Sincerely,
Helen

catcath

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2015
Hey everybody,

I just released a new version of Green Gallery and I've been working hard to improve the app based on your suggestions.
The changes include:
  • Added a camera button.
  • Green Gallery can now be set as default gallery.
  • Added Photo Recycle Bin.
  • Improved photo loading speed.
  • The word ''Favourites'' has been changed into ''Likes'' that will fit on the pane of any mobile models.
  • After installation completed, Green Gallery will ask users first whether they want to add icon in desktop or no.
Give it a try and let me know what you think: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.btows.photo&hl=en_GB

Thanks,
Helen

Last edited:

TrHDuy1203

Level 1
Verified
Mar 29, 2015
Suggestions:
  • In sharing menu, show installed apps (such as FB, Mail, Evernote...) instead of suggestions (QQ, Wechat..).
  • Transfer tabs by swiping.

catcath

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2015
Suggestions:
  • In sharing menu, show installed apps (such as FB, Mail, Evernote...) instead of suggestions (QQ, Wechat..).
  • Transfer tabs by swiping.
Hello,

Thanks for your useful suggestions.

1. I will improve sharing menu to show the installed apps that are more common for you.
2. I should have had swiping tabs for Green Gallery, but during debugging I came across some problems. Anyway, i'm still trying to fix it.

Sincerely,
Helen

catcath

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 13, 2015
Hi friends,

Green Gallery has been updated to v1.2. This is just a small release with some bugs fixes and performance improvements. Some features you mentioned are still in development.

Detailed release notes:
1. Added drawing and subtitle tools.
2. Fixed the incorrect time issue in the Recycle Bin.
3. Added warning for that photos cannot be edited in the SD card.
4. Improved the duplicated photos scanner.

Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.btows.photo&hl=en
Any comments would be appreciated!

Sincerely,
Helen

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.