Greenebola Config

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Consider using LastPass for Chrome.

I don't don't know about driver easy pro, but it's likely it will get the wrong driver and mess up your system. I suggest you manually search for drivers located on the manufactures website. If you still intend on using this software make sure you do a backup first.

Everything else is fine.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Very optimized configuration, any reason why using CCleaner Pro when the free vereion fine itself? ;)

Alternative optional suggestion: Suggest to try Foxit Reader or Sumatra PDF as a replacement for Adobe Reader.

Reactions: YuanJiawj
I

illumination

Nice config.. I agree that any 3rd party driver software can be disastrous.
I also believe Sandboxie should be listed under real-time protection, as it is really not privacy software,, Other then, this config looks good!

PrMi

Level 3
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Nice config. I would suggest you to switch your av to Bitdefender if possible because ESET is totally dependent on signatures and has no protection against zero-day threats.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Your config is very good and i like both the security software you are using.
One suggestion i want to make is to add a second browser ( mozilla based ) in case you have a problem with Chrome.
Another suggestion is to add another on demand scanner like Malwarebytes Free or Emsisoft Emergency Kit.
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: frogboy

greenebola

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 30, 2014
UPDATE: LENOVO G560 Windows 10 Pro 64x

Real-Time Protection: ESET Smart Security 9
On-demand scanners: Zemana AntiMalware 2
Other Software: QBitorrent---> UTorrent (No ads) Adobe Reader--->Foxit Reader Microsoft Office 2013---> Microsoft Office 2016

My Desktop:

Névtelen.png

Last edited:

greenebola

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 30, 2014
@greenebola Nice and simple configuration, you should add or at least consider the following:

1.) Add Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Free: https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbae_current/
2.) Add Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free: Thank you for downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
3.) Add CCleaner: http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup513.exe

Hope this helps :)

Regards,
AMR
Anti-Malware Reviewer

Hello Anti-Malware Reviewer Thanks!
MBAM I rarely use, but did not find anything.
CCleaner Free is installed.
User habits of adequate protection.
I do not use MBAE because ESS Exploit Blocker meets.
Always all programs up to date.
Sorry English language weak.

greenebola

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 30, 2014
@greenebola

What happened to KIS ?

On my laptop KIS reboot time is excessive - but that is only my opinion.

Hello hjlbx
I agree, Programs start slower compared to ESET (Lenovo G560)
Favorite Kaspersky and ESET and Webroot
Kaspersky (KIS) subscription 523 Day but ESS lighter (5 year old laptop)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.