Groups and Promotions Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Feb 24, 2011
Messages
1,063
#1
I think that there should be more levels before postaholic, because otherwise you spend ages before you go up a group.
You should get privileges a lot earlier, like being able to delete your posts, because that is not really a reward.
 

bogdan

New Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2011
Messages
1,315
#2
RE: New Groups and Promotions

You can get all privileges much earlier if you recommend the forum to 5 friends :)
We'll probably add something between member and postahollic according to the rep points users will get in 10-15 days. Since there aren't many users on the forum it is indeed difficult to get 250 rep. We'll lower that requirement if necessary (and probably increase it later, if we get more members)

You can always ask a mod/admin to delete your posts but I believe that we need them badly :).
 
Joined
Feb 24, 2011
Messages
1,063
#3
RE: New Groups and Promotions

bogdan said:
You can get all privileges much earlier if you recommend the forum to 5 friends :)
We'll probably add something between member and postahollic according to the rep points users will get in 10-15 days. Since there aren't many users on the forum it is indeed difficult to get 250 rep. We'll lower that requirement if necessary (and probably increase it later, if we get more members)

You can always ask a mod/admin to delete your posts but I believe that we need them badly :).
What would we plan to get at the level between member and posthollic?
 

bogdan

New Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2011
Messages
1,315
#4
RE: New Groups and Promotions

Maximum Reputations Allowed Per Day and Points to Award/Take Away (so you can increase rep faster). So we'll give more for Postaholic and Security Freak. (The max will probably be 40 rep /day and 5 points to award/take away - This is what mods & admins have.)
If by that time you need more space for attachments you'll get that too.
Maybe we'll give ability to delete own posts and give something else instead for Postaholics.

If there is anything else you need and can be achieved on the current platform...
 
Joined
Feb 24, 2011
Messages
1,063
#5
RE: New Groups and Promotions

bogdan said:
Maximum Reputations Allowed Per Day and Points to Award/Take Away (so you can increase rep faster). So we'll give more for Postaholic and Security Freak. (The max will probably be 40 rep /day and 5 points to award/take away - This is what mods & admins have.)
If by that time you need more space for attachments you'll get that too.
Maybe we'll give ability to delete own posts and give something else instead for Postaholics.

If there is anything else you need and can be achieved on the current platform...
Deleting posts from locked threads, maybe?
 

bogdan

New Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2011
Messages
1,315
#6
RE: New Groups and Promotions

You plan on doing that? Don't think this is achievable. Have a look at the myBB Wiki page for available group permissions: link. Also, deleting posts & threads brakes links to them.

We can create Custom groups like "Comodo users", "Symantec Users" etc. and allow you to join them at that point. You can vote on a group leader...
 
Joined
Feb 24, 2011
Messages
1,063
#7
RE: New Groups and Promotions

bogdan said:
We can create Custom groups like "Comodo users", "Symantec Users" etc. and allow you to join them at that point. You can vote on a group leader...
I like that idea.
I'd like to be a leader if you make a comodo users group. :cool:
 

bogdan

New Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2011
Messages
1,315
#8
RE: New Groups and Promotions

Your positive thinking = +4 Rep points :) Someone will have to vote you as a group leader though.
 

bogdan

New Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2011
Messages
1,315
#10
RE: New Groups and Promotions

Members I think. But the staff can overrule if necessary. And since Watasha knows you best... :)

You'll probably need a certain number of members as potential group members to start a group...since a group with only one member doesn't make much sense. And those members will vote their leader. Hopefully we'll have at least 2 candidates to make things somewhat interesting.

Anyway, nothing is settled but it sounds like a good idea.
 
Joined
Feb 24, 2011
Messages
431
#11
RE: New Groups and Promotions

Hey hey, I knew that I shouldn't have slept! Elliot is trying to take over!

:exclamation:


Groups seem interesting. Maybe, the "group leaders" would just be local mods of a specific board (the Comodo board). I've seen that done plenty in other forums...a mod of a certain board. And it shouldn't challenge your authority :p

:star:
 
Joined
Feb 24, 2011
Messages
1,063
#12
RE: New Groups and Promotions

LaserWraith said:
Hey hey, I knew that I shouldn't have slept! Elliot is trying to take over!
And I'm succeeding as well. :biggrin:
When did we get a status update thing?
When do we get to vote on leaders?
 

bogdan

New Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2011
Messages
1,315
#16
RE: New Groups and Promotions

New Groups and Promotions. Updated

I will edit the first post in this thread to the updated version and I will do so if any other change occurs.

The following groups and promotions are currently active:

Member
You need:
  • Post count : 20;
  • Days on forum: 1.
Reward:
  • Can change vote in pools;
  • Can comment on profiles;
  • Can post status updates (New plugin);
  • Attachment Quota increased to 50 MB;
  • Can download attachments;
  • Private Message Quota: 100;
  • Can rate threads;
  • Can deny message receipt notifications
  • Can change profile design

Advanced member:
You need:
  • To be a Member
  • Post count : 100;
  • Reputation : 10;
Reward:
  • Attachment Quota increased to 70MB;
  • Can delete own posts;
  • Can post calendar events;
  • Can upload profile picture, max file size: 100 KB size 200x200 px (This is a picture on your profile page)(New Plugin);
  • Maximum Reputations Allowed Per Day: 10;
  • Points to Award/Take Away when you give rep: 2;
  • Private Message Quota: 150.
  • Can use background images in profile design
  • "Advance Member" Badge

Postaholic
You need:
  • To be an Advanced Member;
  • Post count: 500.
  • Reputation Points: 70;
  • Days on forum: 15.
Reward:
  • Username with Italic font;
  • Maximum Reputations Allowed Per Day: 20;
  • Points to Award/Take Away when you give rep: 3;
  • Private Message Quota: 200.
  • "Postaholic" Badge

Security Freak
You need:
  • To be a Postaholic;
  • Post Count : 1000;
  • Reputation Points : 100;
  • Days on forum: 30.
Reward:
  • Can use custom user titles;
  • Username: Red & Italic;
  • Attachment Quota increased to 100 MB;
  • Maximum Reputations Allowed Per Day: 30;
  • Points to Award/Take Away when you give rep: 4;
  • Private Message Quota: 300;
  • "Security Freak" Badge

MT Supporter
You need:
  • Reputation Points : 10;
  • Days on forum: 7;
  • Referral Count: 3 - You need to ask 3 of your friends to join the forum. Ask them to write your username in the Referrer field on the Registration page or use your referrar link from your User Control Panel .
Reward:
  • Can delete own posts;
  • Can comment on profiles;
  • Username: Red & Italic.
  • Attachment Quota increased to 100 MB;
  • Maximum Reputations Allowed Per Day: 30;
  • Points to Award/Take Away when you give rep: 4;
  • Private Message Quota: 100;
  • Can post status updates (New plugin);
  • Can upload profile picture, max file size : 200 KB (New Plugin).
  • "Supporter" Badge

Notes:
We'll add badges for some Groups.
This is still in progress and we need your suggestions.
 

Chiron

New Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2011
Messages
243
#18
RE: New Groups and Promotions

Just so long as I can always edit my own posts I'm fine.

Oh wait, I guess attachment quota would be important as well.
 
Joined
Feb 24, 2011
Messages
1,063
#19
RE: New Groups and Promotions

Does the group that I'm in still gain these privileges when we get to a certain amount of posts?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot your password?