Groups and Promotions Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
RE: New Groups and Promotions

bogdan said:
You should since your primary user group is Members.
It's still a bit annoying not being able to directly see the staff room. I can still go to the staff room if I type out the link to it.
Or are you talking about the rights gaining thing?

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011

Ugh...come on! I have to be active for 7 days to be a MT Promoter? 24 hours times 7 = 168 hours. It will take forever for me to be on that much.

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011

LaserWraith said:
Ugh...come on! I have to be active for 7 days to be a MT Promoter? 24 hours times 7 = 168 hours. It will take forever for me to be on that much.
You'll also need to have 10 rep points.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011

So? I'm sure I'll get 3 more in the amount of time it will take. After all, I got 7 in about 10 hours here.

Watasha

Feb 8, 2011

LaserWraith said:
So? I'm sure I'll get 3 more in the amount of time it will take. After all, I got 7 in about 10 hours here.

I haven't been able to find the time to post anything worth rep points in a while. Hence my measly 2 points...:angry:

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011

Watasha said:
LaserWraith said:

I haven't been able to find the time to post anything worth rep points in a while. Hence my measly 2 points...:angry:
Let's just give each other rep points for no good reason, then. :biggrin:

Watasha

Feb 8, 2011

elliotcroft said:
Watasha said:
LaserWraith said:

Then I'd have to ban myself for misuse of the rep points system.:rules:

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011

elliotcroft said:

Some model you are. :angel:

Sure Wata, I'll gladly take your position. :cool:

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011

Watasha said:
elliotcroft said:
Watasha said:
LaserWraith said:

Then I'd have to ban myself for misuse of the rep points system.:rules:
Only if you find out. :biggrin:

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

elliotcroft said:
It's still a bit annoying not being able to directly see the staff room. I can still go to the staff room if I type out the link to it.
Or are you talking about the rights gaining thing?

I was talking about the rights. Currently you should be able to do that.

LaserWraith said:

You need to be registered on the forum for 7 days. You don't need to be on 168 hrs.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011

bogdan said:
LaserWraith said:

You need to be registered on the forum for 7 days. You don't need to be on 168 hrs.

Oh, that is good. I wasn't sure which was meant.

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011

I would love to refer people to this forum but I don't really know anyone who would want to join and all of the good places that don't forbid it are taken. :(

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

We appreciate your intention. I admit that the current reward system tries to determine you to refer people to this forum. Some forums are created because an already existing community needs a place to talk but this is not the case here and that's why we need members. There is absolutely no problem if you can't refer the site to someone else. We took members advice and updated the reward system so that all the functions you need can be obtained early, without struggle (you only need 20 posts and to be registered for 1 day). The only permission you don't get early is deleting your own posts. This is because we believe your posts are valuable to us. They produce content that gets indexed by search engines.

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011

bogdan said:
We appreciate your intention. I admit that the current reward system tries to determine you to refer people to this forum. Some forums are created because an already existing community needs a place to talk but this is not the case here and that's why we need members. There is absolutely no problem if you can't refer the site to someone else. We took members advice and updated the reward system so that all the functions you need can be obtained early, without struggle (you only need 20 posts and to be registered for 1 day). The only permission you don't get early is deleting your own posts. This is because we believe your posts are valuable to us. They produce content that gets indexed by search engines.
I see the X (delete) button on my posts even though I haven't got 10 rep yet. :huh:

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

You get that and increased Attachment Quota. The first because you as ME appear on the Staff page and a member of the staff should be able to delete own post (in case he posts in the wrong thread for example) and the second one because you might want to attach some tools directly to a post.

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011

I think that anyone registered should be able to download attachments, because if say I uploaded a tool to help someone with a malware problem, they wouldn't be able to view it until they become of the 'member' group.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011

elliotcroft said:
I think that anyone registered should be able to download attachments, because if say I uploaded a tool to help someone with a malware problem, they wouldn't be able to view it until they become of the 'member' group.

+1. Definitely. I uploaded a picture/screenshot as a guide for someone, and since they were new, they couldn't view it. Guess what?

I had to use TinyPic. This defeats a lot of the purpose for having attachments, if the new guys can't see what you are uploading to show them.

Furthermore, I think even unregistered people should be able to download attachments. Especially when they try and read news posts, and find out that the pictures in them aren't viewable since they have to be a member. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.