Groups and Promotions Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
RE: New Groups and Promotions

bogdan said:
Thanks Valentinchen N. Non-English forums are an absolute necessity for support forums, but for his forum, not so much. At least not at this point.

edit: I'm sorry if recommending this forum got you in trouble.

No need to worry. I have noticed that people in avast forum are dam narrow minded. As I recommend Comodo firewall as the best firewall I recommend this forum because it a nice forum. I like the chat feature :)

Regards,
Valentin N

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011

Most product support forums have narrow-minded people. After all, many of the reasons a user will stay with a forum is because they love the product. And don't like others who condemn it. :p

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011

Valentinchen N said:
What I think would be good is if each product have their mods :)

Maybe later, when more people are interested in the subforums. But right now, there isn't any need for separate mods for each of those subforums. Not nearly busy enough.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011

LaserWraith said:
Valentinchen N said:
What I think would be good is if each product have their mods :)

Maybe later, when more people are interested in the subforums. But right now, there isn't any need for separate mods for each of those subforums. Not nearly busy enough.

of course :)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

Hey LaserWraith , seems like in few day you will change your group to "Supporter" :cool: ....since you have 9 Referrals and more then 10 points of rep. it's now just a matte of days. Congratulations. :D

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011

Jack said:
Hey LaserWraith , seems like in few day you will change your group to "Supporter" :cool: ....since you have 9 Referrals and more then 10 points of rep. it's now just a matte of days. Congratulations. :D

Ah yes, Father Time is still resisting my wishes. :p
:cool:

I'd rather my group be "Ultimate Authority" or something, but Supporter is okay too. :p

Watasha

Feb 8, 2011

Jack said:

So what you're saying is I need to start taking his rep points away?:yes::wink:

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011

Watasha said:
So what you're saying is I need to start taking his rep points away?:yes::wink:

Hey! Lol.

BTW, that reminds me: I think we should not let people with less than 20 posts give/take reputation (at least take). First, a user could make other accounts and use them to give himself reputation. Second, a user could register just to give negative reputation to a member.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011

LaserWraith said:
First, a user could make other accounts and use them to give himself reputation. Second, a user could register just to give negative reputation to a member.

You are always going to get some form of abuse with Karma systems in my opinion, but I wouldn't really worry about it.

If you are determined enough to want to influence either positive or negative reputations it can be done, but the forum software should be able to track enough information about users that the average user shouldn't be able to do this. And of course, the non-average user could probably care less about doing this...

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

BTW, that reminds me: I think we should not let people with less than 20 posts give/take reputation (at least take). First, a user could make other accounts and use them to give himself reputation. Second, a user could register just to give negative reputation to a member.
There is a single global setting for that, so we can't restrict it to a certain group. We can change it so instead of -5 ... +5 (max) it is 0 ... 10 (max) for everyone. But this will brake my little social experiment to see who will be the first one to give a negative rep. :)

First, a user could make other accounts and use them to give himself reputation. Second, a user could register just to give negative reputation to a member.
A second account gets you banned. Rep logs are public, anyone can see them. A new user can only give/take 5 reps a day and can only take/give 1 point/rep. If a user does any of the 2 above things he will most like do something else that breakes the forum rules and he will be banned.

IMO, as long as it doesn't brake the rules, people can express themselves freely and that includes negative reputation. If you do not agree, feel free to give me negative rep for this post. :)

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011

bogdan said:
But this will brake my little social experiment to see who will be the first one to give a negative rep. :)

I was the first, I guess. I few days ago I gave a negative to one of the admin who posted a link to a site with a lot of plainly visible bad language. When the post was removed, I removed the bad rep point. :cool:

Okay, I agree with what you said.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

If users have "problems" with each-other, I hope they'll use those negative rep points instead of swearing or something else.

Watasha

Feb 8, 2011

LaserWraith said:
bogdan said:
But this will brake my little social experiment to see who will be the first one to give a negative rep. :)

I was the first, I guess. I few days ago I gave a negative to one of the admin who posted a link to a site with a lot of plainly visible bad language. When the post was removed, I removed the bad rep point. :cool:

Okay, I agree with what you said.

You would be the first wouldn't you?:gasp:

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

Lowered the Maximum Reputations Allowed Per Day for Registered users to 2.

Thanks for recommending the site, Valentinchen N!

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011

Trying to refer people is giving us a bad reputation.
The post on AVG forums was removed.
We can really only refer people on sites where we are active on, otherwise they think of us as spammers. I don't like trying to do this.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

elliotcroft said:
Trying to refer people is giving us a bad reputation.
The post on AVG forums was removed.
We can really only refer people on sites where we are active on, otherwise they think of us as spammers. I don't like trying to do this.

Agree.We don't want to look like spammers.I will make more youtube videos.This is the best way to get members. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.