Guide on how to install and configure Comodo Firewall

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I will check it out once they lift my data restriction later in the evening, I dont usually run out but the DL of the AU put me over.
I hope this firewall is a solid one, as I will only be running Voodoo and WAR as main protection, a lot of members here trust it so
I will give it a try.
Thank You @Logethica
No worries ,buddy :)..
When you download CF be careful that they don't force "geekbuddy" on you..
It may be one of those occasions to pay extra close attention to the custom install option.
From my research Comodo Firewall is one of the best that one could ever hope to get..
Despite complaints about long-standing bugs, most appear to be really happy with it.
As you know..VS and WAR are both excellent products,and IMO with the introduction of CF to your config also,you will have an awesome set up.:)

blueblackwow65

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Dec 19, 2012
Hi got CFW 10 installed with cruel sisters config and avast free 2288 version.Should I keep this or go with voodooshield and bitdefender free or avast free? I like comodo firewall though.Thkds

Reactions: AtlBo and BugCode

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Hello, i recently watched the YT video by cruelsister for config of CFW. Do i really need an AV (i usually don't install any new unknown software and i will be using Firefox inside the container/sandbox for all sites except for YT)? I was thinking of disabling defender.
I have MBAM premium (using v2.2, hate v3), will it be enough?

With best regards
Rockstarrocks

Reactions: bribon77 and AtlBo
D

Deleted member 178

Hello, i recently watched the YT video by cruelsister for config of CFW. Do i really need an AV (i usually don't install any new unknown software and i will be using Firefox inside the container/sandbox for all sites except for YT)?
With CFW, no

I was thinking of disabling defender.
Not a good idea.

I have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware premium (using v2.2, hate v3), will it be enough?
IMO, there is no point using outdated version of a security software.

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
@rockstarrocks
If you have Windows 8/10, disabling Windows Defender is not worth the hassle; so just keep it.
If you are on Windows 7, you don't need to add any AVs because Comodo will be the main protection. Of course, only if Comodo is set properly.
Thank you for clearing my doubt. Comodo is setup as per cruelsister's config.
It's really fast overall setup.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Finally got a push upgrade to CFW v11 tonight. After rebooting I thought I'd look around to see what changed since I was running with settings suggested by our sweet sister.

Then I saw this...
cz7k6Kn.png

Really? We have a config setting named for Meghan? Hmmmm.... :love:

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Finally got a push upgrade to CFW v11 tonight. After rebooting I thought I'd look around to see what changed since I was running with settings suggested by our sweet sister.

Then I saw this...
cz7k6Kn.png

Really? We have a config setting named for Meghan? Hmmmm.... :love:
Are you sure that's not how you called your former configuration?
Usually Comodo Firewall resets the default configurations (Internet Security, Proactive Security, Firewall Security) and keeps the one you set before the upgrade [usually it's called XXX Security (custom)]. But if you saved your configuration as "Proactive CS", that name will appear after the upgrade

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Are you sure that's not how you called your former configuration?
I suppose that happened some time ago... I googled the config name and came up empty, so it's likely somthing my foggy brain conjured up.

Since "upgrading" I've found Event Viewer chock full of CFW-related errors, so I rolled back my system to v10. My plan now is to remove CFW fully and live on with WD and VS.

you cant be serious
:unsure:

Reactions: kylprq

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
I suppose that happened some time ago... I googled the config name and came up empty, so it's likely somthing my foggy brain conjured up.
OK
Since "upgrading" I've found Event Viewer chock full of CFW-related errors, so I rolled back my system to v10. My plan now is to remove CFW fully and live on with WD and VS.
That often happens with CFW on Windows 10, that's why I have given up with it. CCAV may be worth trying, even if I had issues with high CPU and disk usage

Reactions: bribon77

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
you cant be serious
That often happens with CFW on Windows 10, that's why I have given up with it. CCAV may be worth trying, even if I had issues with high CPU and disk usage
Even having upgraded Win10 and Win8.1 machines, I get "update" installs with every boot. I tried an installer "repair" but it found nothing. I don't have time for this hassle. Cleaning the 8.1 machine now.

Reactions: kylprq

kylprq

Level 4
Verified
Jul 26, 2018
Even having upgraded Win10 and Win8.1 machines, I get "update" installs with every boot. I tried an installer "repair" but it found nothing. I don't have time for this hassle. Cleaning the 8.1 machine now.

i like its blocking everything even that safe yes ı also have these errors in event viewer but dont care

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.