Guide | How To Guide on How to Stay Safe While Online

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.
B

Brian

RE: Guide on How to Stay Safe Online

I think you should change the title of your article. It's misleading in my opinion. Change it to the title of your post (How to Stay Safe Online).

Chiron

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011

geohac said:
I think you should change the title of your article. It's misleading in my opinion. Change it to the title of your post (How to Stay Safe Online).

Funny you should say that. I completely agree with you.

This was an article that I took over from somebody else and enhanced. Apparently though, I can't change the title.

Chiron

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011

geohac said:

I created a new article (with essentially the same content) that now has the correct title.

Check it out. I've updated my first post with the new link.

G

Guest28

That is a great article thank you for taking the time and posting it here for us to view it is greatly appreciated :)

Chiron

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
ryan said:
That is a great article thank you for taking the time and posting it here for us to view it is greatly appreciated :)
Thank you.

Also, if you have any criticisms, or would like to see something else added, then please let me know. Believe it or not I really appreciate that type of feedback. :biker:

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Should be mentioned that the quiet mode in TwakUAC removes elevation prompts that appear under the default admin account, it doesn't affect credential prompts from a standard account. Software that you need to use daily will not trigger any prompts: office applications, browsers, instant messaging clients, media players, etc. The common tasks that generate prompts are: updating/(un)installing software, defragmenting, playing some games, imaging your harddrive, changing system settings.

Chiron

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
jj1two3 said:
Very good article. Thanks for posting, great amount of information.

Thank you.

Do you have any suggestions for anything that should be added? :mytwocents:

I would appreciate any feedback you have. Thanks.
:neo:

Chiron

Level 1
Thread author
Feb 24, 2011
computersaver said:
Thanks for the guide. I will definitely try to use and take a best of it.
Thank you.

Please let me know if you think there's anything missing from it and I'll look into adding it.

N

Nige_40

For me, on what I have been using. I have my search engine set for https://startpage.com/ and with that you can look at a page without opening it fully via ixquick proxy. Not only is that nothing stored like your IP etc.

And for the 2nd one I have been using for a while is Matspoon (Closethedoor) < is the name of program and it shows your processes and if you see one you’re not sure scan it with closethe door you can kill it.

In addition, my 3rd and final one is running a DNS service called Sendori not only it helps you get a steady internet service it helps you on typos in the address bar of your browser. For example I may type www.gogel.com Sendori corrects it and takes you to the right site of www.google.com. If I did not have Sendori for instance I would of types www.gogel.com and that would have lead me to a nasty site with a virus added/malware.

So all of those products I use and that is my setup.

You may all know on what I have typed already, but I just thought I share.

Regards

Nigel.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.