Solved Had a BSOD, ntoskrnl.exe problem or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vextor

Thread author
I had a BSOD today, I just want to check if it's a permanent problem or a one-time BSOD. I'm going to post all the information I know from checking on a program called BlueScreenView.

Dump File : 020512-21278-01.dmp
Crash Time : 05/02/2012 12:35:00
Bug Check String : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Bug Check Code : 0x0000009f
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000003
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`08984a00
Parameter 3 : fffff800`00b9c4d8
Parameter 4 : fffffa80`0b2eebd0
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.17640 (win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Processor : x64
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\020512-21278-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601

V

Vextor

Thread author
Valentin N said:
From what I see this is attached to usb.

When do you get this bsod? here is info
I get this BSOD randomly. I've never seen it, but the dumps are there and the computer switches of randomly after I've gone.

Upvote 0

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
java 7 is for developers, 6 is the last regular version, but regardless it should work with java 7

bbbbweb said:
pcjunklist said:
If you have an Intel CPU,

Install the latest java which is 6 (java.com)

Run the Intel driver utility to see if it has any updates for your system
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

I have Java 7.

Upvote 0

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Does your hdd have S.M.A.R.T feature. If it does have enable it. Then if you have any hdd issues after windows boots you should get a message which means your hdd is faulty.

If you have WD hardrive download this http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=502&sid=30&lang=en. It is data lifegaurd diagnostic software. IT helped me a lot. Albeit this is for WD Caviar Blue you can select your own hardrive and download the appropriate version.

Upvote 0

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
Not sure how you got hard drive issue from the log file
Probably caused by : usbccgp.sys , DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929734
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941600

Upvote 0

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I just posted it incase as some were talking of a hard-drive prob. It was anyway a way to know your current condition of your hard drive so it is better to turn S.M.A.R.T from your bios. Has this problem been solved? When exactly does it happen?

Upvote 0

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Do you by any chance have a full featured multimedia usb keyboards. If yes try installing the drivers which came with it.

Upvote 0

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
malbky said:
I just posted it incase as some were talking of a hard-drive prob. It was anyway a way to know your current condition of your hard drive so it is better to turn S.M.A.R.T from your bios. Has this problem been solved? When exactly does it happen?

I'm not sure it's fixed yet, he posted the issue and then vanished. He can find the tools and instructions from all the replies, I guess it's up to him if he wants to follow them.

Upvote 0
V

Vextor

Thread author
pcjunklist said:
malbky said:

I'm not sure it's fixed yet, he posted the issue and then vanished. He can find the tools and instructions from all the replies, I guess it's up to him if he wants to follow them.

I removed an iPod USB and the problem fixed itself. So I better remove iTunes :huh:

Upvote 0

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
bbbbweb said:
pcjunklist said:
malbky said:

I removed an iPod USB and the problem fixed itself. So I better remove iTunes :huh:

or reinstall and see if that happens again

Upvote 0
V

Vextor

Thread author
Oh wait, it popped up again. I guess it isn't iTunes. So now I have to check every single USB. Groan...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.