Halo 4 for Xbox 360

P

Plexx

Thread author
Hello, another vote of confidence for the Xbox 360 hanging around awhile yet: That's where you'll play Halo 4, despite rumors that the inception of Microsoft's second Halo trilogy would launch on whatever set-top platform the company's planning next.

"This is what I've been wondering ever since 343 Studios declined to talk about the engine Halo 4 runs on when asked about it at E3," wrote a user on gaming mega-forum NeoGAF, in a thread devoted to speculation about Microsoft's successor to the Xbox.

"Halo 4 will be on Xbox 360 and use a modified core of the Halo engine(s). Not really a singular engine since it goes through fairly radical evolutions all the time," responded user OuterWorldVoice, the pseudonym of developer 343 Industries' Frank O'Connor, current Halo series director.

Translation: Don't look for a new Xbox-whatchamacallit anytime soon. At this point, Halo 4's said to be headed for a Q4 2012 launch, which means the company has the rest of this year and all of next to promote its current console darling. It makes me wonder whether the company's really planning to talk about its next-gen platform at E3 2012 at all. Why undercut the Xbox 360's thunder, when Nintendo's Wii U's really just brings Nintendo up to par, performance-wise, and both Microsoft and Sony both have a vested interest in keeping their existing platforms going another year or two at least?

Incidentally, Halo's on everyone's lips because 343 Industries' remake of Bungie's Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, is out tomorrow, sporting updated graphics, Kinect and 3D TV support, and online as well as cooperative play.

Source

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Not really a big fan of Halo. The game is to addicting.

P

Plexx

Thread author
I was never a fan of Halo, but liked Halo 2 onwards :)

On the Xbox at the moment I am back to Assassin's Creed :)

Just waiting for a few friends to get MW3 and BF3 and then I will be playing those on the Xbox :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.