Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
It’s been a rather long road for Google, but the company has made it to its 16th birthday and the company is now bigger than ever.

Happy-Sweet-Sixteen-Google-.jpg

In truth, Google was founded on September 4, 1998 in Menlo Park, California by Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Up until 2005, Google celebrated the event on September 7, but they decided to move the birthday bash to September 27 in order to coincide with one of the company’s big announcements regarding a record number of pages that the search engine had indexed.

For the occasion, Google has posted a new doodle on its homepage, showing the six letters inside the name as different characters. The capital “G” wears a birthday hat and seems to be taking everyone’s height by drawing a marking on the wall.

First off is the red “o” letter, while next comes the green “l” which is obviously much taller than everyone else, causing the first letter to have a rather disappointed reaction for not being the tallest of the lot.

While the doodle is fun, it’s nowhere near as amusing as the one the company had last year where the “Google” letters were playing with a piñata and you could hit the toy as well and see if you could get a top score.
Google's long and winding path
Over the years, the company has turned into so much more than a search engine. While some of its main tools have been purchased along the way, others come from Google’s own labs. The company now has one of the best online maps in the world, the most loved video streaming service, the most used mobile operating system and so much more.

The company has managed to bring to the world, or is working on Google Glass, the wearable tech devices, the driverless cars, wireless Internet via balloons and delivery drones, to name just a few.

Google has a lot of services that make our online lives so much easier, while more are certainly yet to come. The company has recently gotten involved in robotics, so it should be interesting to see exactly what will come out of the massive investments made in this domain.

One thing is certain when it comes to Google – it’s an interesting company to watch and it’s not just about its work in the online medium, but also in the many other projects it is involved in, such as the ones seeking to help students and educators, or to bring Internet to remote locations in the world.

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
If it weren't for Google, I would have to pay for a home phone. Having said that, the rest of Google - esp. their political activities, could take a flying leap at a rolling donut.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
If it weren't for Google, I would have to pay for a home phone. Having said that, the rest of Google - esp. their political activities, could take a flying leap at a rolling donut.
Me too!:) That, and most of my texting is so much easier to do on Google Voice.;)
Thanks to Google, I didn't have to resort to <sending> up smoke signals (..or starting:eek: fires!) back when I was the only one among my family and friends whom did not own a mobile phone!:D

Mm, "Donut..."!!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.