conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
"Why do I want another SERVICE CLOGGING up my PC's usage when it can't do nothing about it either way?".
It's not a service unless you choose to configure it to be one. It doesn't clog up your PC's usage. I'm on an old, resource-poor PC with many realtime programs running, and HDS is very lightweight for me, giving me no problems.

I done some testing and had conflicting reports. It said an external hard drive of mine was about to crash, but the problem I have with that report is after I ran a complete scan with Windows and other tools it said it was fine. S
The fact that you got one false alarm is a lot less important than the fact that I and many others have gotten accurate warnings that a hard drive was in serious trouble which we wouldn't have known about otherwise. I have been running it for years now without false alarms.

I have not attempted to use it to fix anything, so I can't address that. Maybe somebody else can.

L S

Level 5
Verified
I like this software as I have mentioned earlier. But here is the main question I would like to ask.

This is the "STANDARD" version of the software. I read that it can "REPAIR" or "FIX" a hard drive. But the problem I have with that is that going to their site, and while reading that I can't seem to find anything saying "HOW" it exactly does that? So I am asking how it does that? Does it do it by simply saying that your PC might go bad? If that is the case then those type of issues could be a broad range of possible issues which the hard drive might reflect as something else.

Is this a worry me not doomsday warning software? Or does it actually fix issues with the software?

I like the idea of LOGGING which is the impression I am getting that this software does and warns you of POSSIBLE ISSUES. But it does boast fixing possible issues and I can find no documentation on it out there. So I am left to wonder what the value is, I mean, it says your hard drive might crash but then again I might trip down the stairs tomorrow and crash myself by accident.

What is the relevancy or purpose of using this software is what I am asking? Or that is : "Why do I want another SERVICE CLOGGING up my PC's usage when it can't do nothing about it either way?".

I am asking questions here and not ranting. I must say, earlier in this thread I liked the idea of this software, but I done some testing and had conflicting reports. It said an external hard drive of mine was about to crash, but the problem I have with that report is after I ran a complete scan with Windows and other tools it said it was fine. So I wonder why do I want this SERVICE for this software running in the background clogging up my PC's communications with relevant softwares I have running on my system already?
Well, ....... I'm New to this Software , I download it and it's now installed on my PC ....... for now everything is fine ....... No problems ! :) (y)
I wanted to know a bit more about the program and so I did some research on the network .......
....... here is a look at this video and you may be a bit clearer :
P.S. - There are still YouTube video tutorials for this program and it will be good to look at some of them .......
....... and to inform ourselves a bit more about this program that BTW looks good for me. :) ;) (y) .......
....... = The Video = :
-

Lightning_Brian

Level 13
Verified
Content Creator
@Pineapple Please see this website: Hard Disk Sentinel store

This states what is included in standard vs professional.

I really like the professional! I bought the 5 license family version of it today for my family. $28.09 for five licenses is great! About 6 bucks per license for lifetime free updates, upgrades, support! Well worth it.

Promotion site for this Hard Disk Sentinel Professional Family Edition 5 Licences (don't know how long this will go): share-it

Promotion site for the HDS Professional 1 Licence: share-it

Both are at 50% off for a limited time. Best buy is the Professional Family Edition for 5 Licences in my opinion!

Hope this helps you. The standard free giveaway is great!!

Fuzzfas

Level 2
Damn i missed it. The GUI reminds me much of "HDD Guardian", similar, open source program that was shut down unfortunately. Good thing i still have the last version.

Reactions: Syafiq and Weebarra