Hard Drive Install "HELP"

Discussion in 'Hardware Reviews' started by Duane Blomberg, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Duane Blomberg

Duane Blomberg Level 1

Oct 15, 2017
    sacramento
    Windows 7
    Avast
    I got a Dell Inspiron 570 from my uncle he took the hard drive out,I installed used a PlayStation 4 stock 500 Gb,all that is coming up is a black screen with a blinking curser on the top left side,all I can do is enter settings using F12,can anyone help me out,thanks in advance

2. shmu26

shmu26 Level 53

Jul 3, 2015
    Utopia
    It is very easy to slide the hard drive in wrong. It feels like it is clicked in, but it somehow misses the slot. Happened to me with a Dell. Take the hard drive out and look very carefully to make sure you slide it in to the right place.

3. BryanB

BryanB Level 3

Aug 17, 2017
    Handyman
    MI
    Windows 7
    Default-Deny
    Are you trying to install an operating system, if so put the operating system disk in the disk drive then reboot, it should say press any key to start from disk, if not reboot again and then press the F12 key and have it boot to the disk drive.
    Hope this helps.

Weebarra, venustus and frogboy like this.
  4. toto

toto Level 3

Oct 15, 2014
    Student
    Kosovo
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    If that laptop doesn't have a drive with an OS installed you should install it first so it can boot up. A PlayStation drive doesn't have a compatible OS where you can just plugin the drive and boot it up. If you need help on installing windows or linux on your laptop you can look it up on youtube and find step by step tutorials.

frogboy, venustus and Weebarra like this.
  5. Duane Blomberg

Duane Blomberg Level 1

Oct 15, 2017
    sacramento
    Windows 7
    Avast
    It's a desktop,he passed away my aunty wanted his hard drive,so I tried the PlayStation 4 one

toto likes this.
  6. toto

toto Level 3

Oct 15, 2014
    Student
    Kosovo
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    It is the same thing, you have to have an Operating System installed to boot it up

Vasudev likes this.
  7. grumpy_joe

grumpy_joe Level 1

Oct 18, 2017
    Unspecified
    Other OS