Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2019
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
unable to run firewall hardening tool of H_C
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
tried to run it as admin, account is admin already
Here is the message that I get, I run Emsisoft, SH and OSA (disabled) I also tried to run as admin:

2019-06-19_17-35-55.jpg

Reactions: Andy Ful
F

ForgottenSeer 77194

Click on Underline Phrase "Ulterioni informazioni" then another option will appear left to "Non eseguire", and click it. In english its "run anyway".
If it doesn't work go to windows settings, click browser and app control select "warn" in check app and filters.

Upvote 0

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Here is the message that I get, I run Emsisoft, SH and OSA (disabled) I also tried to run as admin:

2019-06-19_17-35-55.jpg
This is a standard Windows SmartScreen alert if the file is not in the SmartScreen Application Reputation base. Firewall Hardening tool is a fresh executable, so it will take some months until it will gain a sufficient reputation. :giggle:

By the way, if you will install Hard_Configurator ver. 4.0.0.2, then all the files visible in your post except FirewallHardening(x64).exe, will be included in the installation.

Upvote 0

camo7782

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2019
By the way, if you will install Hard_Configurator ver. 4.0.0.2, then all the files visible in your post except FirewallHardening(x64).exe, will be included in the installation.
I was interested in Firewall portion since I already run OSA+SH I'm not sure if adding H_C whole would help my system, I also have Emsisoft.

Click on Underline Phrase "Ulterioni informazioni" then another option will appear left to "Non eseguire", and click it. In english its "run anyway".
If it doesn't work go to windows settings, click browser and app control select "warn" in check app and filters.
Ill try that, thank you!

Reactions: Andy Ful
Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I was interested in Firewall portion since I already run OSA+SH I'm not sure if adding H_C whole would help my system, I also have Emsisoft.
SH already has firewall rules. If you run Andy Ful's firewall tool as well, you will get a whole bunch of duplicate firewall rules.
Also, please note that both SH and FH put rules in WINDOWS firewall. If you use a 3rd party firewall that disables and replaces Windows firewall, those rules are useless.

Upvote 0

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Although Firewall Hardening let you block more LOLBins than SysHardener, the second can already block the most important entries related to script Interpreters. In my opinion, the only reason to run Firewall Hardening tool with SysHardener, would be for using only the <Blocked Events> option to see if Windows Firewall does not block something useful.
As @shmu26 said, using both tools to harden the Windows Firewall would be pretty much useless.

Upvote 0

camo7782

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2019
If you use a 3rd party firewall that disables and replaces Windows firewall, those rules are useless.
I was using Comodo then removed it to troublrshot an issue with constant disk access, but if I remember it right, it was not disabling WF.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.