Sandboxie Pro
HitmanPro Alert
Voodooshield
Appguard (Locked Down)
TinyWall
WinPatrol
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Shiela USB Shield (use flashdrive a lot)
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
Zemana AntiMalware
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome:
AdGuard, HTTPS, LastPass, Canvas Defender, SafeBrowse
Maintenance tools
Ccleaner, Wise Care 365, Privazer, Uninstall Tool, Windows Repair, Perfectdisk, VitRegistry, ImDisk, and Process Lasso
System recovery
FLASHBACK

Duotone

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
4/10/2016

Minimum Set-up(Test for a Month+)
Update:
UAC=Max

Re-installed:
Tinywall

Disabled:
Zemana Anti-Malware (start-up)
Shield USB Shield (start-up)
Uninstall Privatefirewall

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica

Duotone

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
@Overkill Hahaha!!!
Yes (In the last 3 months)
Sorry about this one don't know when I made this mistake, I actually haven't had any for the last 3 months. The last attack I got was in the wild I think was last year or early this year about an IE exploit, basically HMP.A/SBIE stopped that one and my PC haven't been infected since I got SBIE/AG combo 3 years ago.

Really contented with SBIE, HMP.A, AG combo I just won a VS license so I included it in my set-up.

Last edited:

Duotone

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Uninstalled: HitmanPro ALert

Installed: SMADAV (Usb)
AX64 now on Hourly backup

Reactions: XhenEd

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Serious question, isn't appguard and voodooshield considered white listing apps? If so, why run both?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Serious question, isn't appguard and voodooshield considered white listing apps? If so, why run both?
You may use AppGuard as a default-deny solution, while VS would be as a pre-execution check if you want to run a file.

Reactions: Duotone

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
You may use AppGuard as a default-deny solution, while VS would be as a pre-execution check if you want to run a file.

Thanks. When you say pre execution, I use Virus Total Uploader to check my files. Doesn't install or load any files into memory on a permanent basis, simple uploads files and checks them against other AVs. How is Voodooshield different in pre execution from Virus Total Uploader?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Thanks. When you say pre execution, I use Virus Total Uploader to check my files. Doesn't install or load any files into memory on a permanent basis, simple uploads files and checks them against other AVs. How is Voodooshield different in pre execution from Virus Total Uploader?
VS in Auto-Pilot will use the data in VT and VAi. :)

But if you use VT Uploader, then depending on your needs/wants, VS may be unnecessary. :)

Reactions: Duotone

Duotone

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016

@XhenEd Thanks you've already explained it... and I won a VS license its a waste not to use it.

VS was set to AUTOPILOT before but now I've set it to ALWAYS ON for added control specially now I've removed HMP.A.

Back to AUTOPILOT

Last edited:
Reactions: XhenEd

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.