Q&A Security Product Acronyms used on MalwareTips (Helpful for New Members)

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
Jan 8, 2011
21,053
47,747
People use different Acronyms for the same products, but as long as you're clear about it then it's OK.
 

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
3,902
3,058
Umbra Corp. said:
Littlebits said:
Some people like myself which are getting old can not remember those codes, it is better for me to just spell out the words to keep from getting confused.

hahaha, how old are you, Littlebits?

I went over the hill 4 years ago and I'm falling down very rapidly. :D
 

Tom172

New Member
Feb 11, 2011
1,010
34
Littlebits said:
Some people like myself which are getting old can not remember those codes, it is better for me to just spell out the words to keep from getting confused.

Thanks.:D

Solution, get Jack to add word changing code to the forum, so every time someone uses an acronym, it gets changed to the full name of the product. I'm sure he won't mind.
 

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
9,222
6,657
Tom172 said:
Solution, get Jack to add word changing code to the forum, so every time someone uses an acronym, it gets changed to the full name of the product. I'm sure he won't mind.

That would require someone to code the plugin for MyBB.
 

Payback

New Member
Jan 7, 2013
323
7
I am surprised ,I am still new,but I know all those names (maybe cause I was retired mod of Bleepingcomputers.com? :O)
 

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Trusted
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
9,222
6,657
Payback said:
I am surprised ,I am still new,but I know all those names (maybe cause I was retired mod of Bleepingcomputers.com? :O)

Off topic slightly, what was your name on BleepingComputers?
 
Top